“Such a cosy and welcoming place!”
Review of BaanBooLOo Village

BaanBooLOo Village
Ranked #7 of 829 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed in BaanBooLOoin March and I must say it was a great choice. First of all, it was really well located as not right in the busy centre but at walking distance of it.

Breakfast was the best one I had in Thailand. It was different every day and fruit were ripe and fresh, which was not the case in all the hotels I stayed in later during my trip.

The room was very original in the Thaï style, and very comfortable with a good fan and mosquito nets. It was a pleasure to wake up with the birds singing in all the surrounding trees.

But the cherry on the cake was the owner and staff. I was travelling alone and being welcomed by the Banbaloo team was really great. They made me feel at ease and safe from the first day. They not only took good care of me but also of my baby :-) I was one month pregnant when I arrived there with a few nausea and pregnancy inconveniences. Every day I received different fruit for breakfast, plus fresh coconut milk as the owner told me it is said to be very good for the baby in Thailand :-)

On my last night, I had dinner with the staff and they blew a Thaï balloon, which is to whish health and luck for the baby. I was crying with emotions as I felt it was so kind of them.
So, all in all, if you want a cosy place with a family feeling and a kind staff, don't hesitate a minute!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Well I stayed here for 2Nights and I can honestly say that my stay was so beautiful pleasant and comfortable and found the rooms clean and staff helpfull and friendly. the , the location was great and would recommend this place. Its definatly a must place to stay and a very cultural experiance to stay loved it here

Room Tip: Its a beautiful place to stay
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Orn and the staff at BaanBooLoo truly made our 8 night stay here the best place we stayed at in Thailand! The attention to detail and the level of service was outstanding! Nothing was ever to much trouble and we really felt at home!

The rooms were clean and beautifully decorated. We loved the little touches like the fishbowl in the bathroom, the mosquito coils that were lit at night and other details.

The breakfasts were delicious, fresh fruits and eggs as well as lovely Thai dishes like banana and mango sticky rice parcels.

Our outings were arranged for us by Orn, days planned and we thoroughly enjoyed our two cooking lessons with her. She took the trouble to take us to a bookstore and find Thai cooking books, arranged our shopping trip to the umbrella village and just about everything else we wanted to do!

We could have all happily stayed there for a lot longer!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2012

BaanBooLoo was the highlight of trip around Thailand.

We weren't sure about what to expect when we got there but it was the most amazing experience we could have had and staying with the family there was just what we wanted.

We experienced things that none of our other friends had experienced and that was down to Orn, Adisak and Louis. We were taken to give offerings to the monks early in the morning and we had a blessing, we were taken to some of the best temples and we even went to a local restaurant and had a traditional Thai breakfast of herbs. Adisak and Louis also took us to see the 'Elephant Man' who made amazing wooden carvings of elephants. It was an experience that we would never have received in a standard hotel and all this was part of your stay and not charged for.

Orn, Adisak and Louis want you to feel like you are staying with family, they give you information and help when you need it and also give you space when you want it. We felt so comfortable.

Location
The guesthouse is situated right in the heart of the city just around the corner of Wat Pra Singh, we were so surprised that most things were on our doorstep. A lot of our newly made friends were quite jealous that we had such a convenient location but also that we had done so much unusual experience whilst there.

The Rooms

The rooms are amazing, each one has it's own design and were very luxurious. From outside you would never know the contents of each room in each treehouse, but each room had the wow factor. Some had 4 poster beds, others a very romantic outdoor bathroom, but all were as good as staying in a top class hotel (all with air conditioning).

As they are treehouses you really feel like you are sleeping under the stars, you can hear the wildlife, the gentle rustle of trees but you are in the most comfortable bed in the world.

There is a communal area where you can have a drink and the only rule is you replace what you take, or pay for it. This ensures that you aren't charged sky high prices like in a hotel.

I felt that they really cared about our stay, and that we had a great time and I was so sad to leave. Maybe next time I won't!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. The honey moon suite was the most beautiful for us. Rooms at the from of...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank nippo
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Simon and I stayed for one month in Orn, Lek, Boon and Tais wonderful place, and we had the time of our life. To wake up every morning to birds who sings and to go to sleep with the sound of gekkos ( wich I thought was a goat) is surtainly a breathtaking memory. In one month we got to know our new friends very well, and I have to say that we miss you all very much. We highly recommend to stay here for long term and perhaps try different rooms (wich we did). All the rooms have different styles and caracther but all were very beautiful. We stayed one night in the three top room without walls and it was so nice laying awake and listen to the sound of rain on the roof. We went on trips together with Orn, Lek and Boon, and really got to know thai style and culture in a way that we will never forget. We also had a wonderful masseuse Jazzy who gave really good massages and was so funny=) Not to forget wonderful breakfasts everyday, and the dinners that we shared together.
Thank you for giving us the time of our life. We felt that you all took so good care of us.We really hope that you all will come to visit us in Norway, you are welcome any time!!
Lots of love from Line and Simon