“Mr. Pop is an excellent guide, so do your research and then be sure to hire him!”

Lanna Kingdom Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Sawasdee Khrub! Welcome to Chiang mai and Northen Thailand with Lanna Kingdom Private Day Tours. We proudly present our services with experienced local tour guide and drivers to show you the real sight of Thailand, explore the local site and country side. We will serve you with heart and smile...Looking forward to meeting you in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Mr. Pop took us to several sites in Chiang Mai when we visited earlier this month. His command of English is excellent and so we were able to converse with him about a variety of subject - the economy, politics, the educational system and Buddhism all day long while we toured. He narrated the tour and spoke with us while his driver drove the comfortable van. This enabled Mr. Pop to concentrate on us and not the road. Mr. Pop is a well-educated Thai and not just a guide. For many years, he was a Buddhist monk and thus provided an unusual and broad perspective on Oriental religion which we found greatly enhanced our day with him which included visits to Buddhist temples. We told Mr. Pop we wanted an"elephant experience," but not the typical, commercial ones we had read bout. He brought us to a small elephant reserve where his friend owns just 10 elephants. We spent a lot of time playing with elephants while he helped educated us about elephants - something I found particularly interesting. Despite heavy traffic we experience traveling with him on the day following the New Year, this was an outstanding and memorable day. Mr. Pop is, by far, the best guide I've hired. As I said, do you research, and then contact him and make your arrangements.

Visited January 2012

• Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
“Great introduction to meditation in Thailand”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Our day with Pop was one of my favorite experiences on my summer trip to Thailand. He was nice, knowledgable, and enthusiastic as he spent the day teaching me and my friends about meditation. I would gladly sign up for his tour again and would recommend him without any reservations.

Visited August 2011
Lausanne, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“it's a mazing!”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I love this day! We saw a lot of things thanks to you! organizes the meal to the camp of elephants was very very good, the ride was great elephant, tigers, giraffe women, beautiful! THANK really

Visited January 2012
1 Thank melissa543
Riga, Latvia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day in Chiang Mai :)”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Big thanks to Pop for our day in Chiang Mai and its surroundings! Best memories about it, most vivid one is our meditation attempt :) in the forest where monks live. Chiang Mai is a wonderful place to go. It's a pity that I've been there only couple of days, but I hope I'll come back and stay longer. Due to Pop we saw much more then initially intended and got a fascinating insight into Thai history, religion and culture.

Visited March 2011
1 Thank Julia V
Dallas, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“We felt like we were with family.. We love you Mr. Pops and Kit!”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My boyfriend and I booked 2 tours with Mr. Pops - Tour LKT 015 & Tour LKT 009. Mr. Pops took us on our first tour and it was incredible. He was more than helpful and treated us like family. He taught us a lot about Thailand history and Buddhism. It took our experience to another level. Mr. Pops is not only a great "tour guide" but an INCREDIBLE person.

Mr. Pops had his sister Kit take us on our second tour (next day). Kit was just as helpful and had such a big heart. She did a great job driving us around Northern Thailand (Golden Triangle, etc.). She is definitely a pro!

I recommend everyone book a tour with Mr. Pops. He is willing to customize your tour if you'd like which is great.

This is an experience both my boyfriend and I will never forget. We feel very blessed to have met such great people.

Thank you Mr. Pops and Kit! We love you!!!!

Sincerely, Yannette & Markus