“Let Noina unleash the hidden artist in you” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Noina Art Studio

Noina Art Studio
Ranked #7 of 34 Museums in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Noina Art Studio: Art Classes in Chiang Mai. Learn art in Chiang mai. Drawing Course, Painting Course By Noina Artist: - Basic with pencil (Sketch and Shading) - Portrait painting with charcoal powder, - Water color, - Oil color, - Mix media - Acrylic color - Solf pastel, Oil pastel Courses: 2 Hours, 3 Hours, 6 Hours,10 Hours, 15 Hours ,20 Hours, 30 Hours, 40 Hours. Price 200 baht per hours, 3 hours 500 baht. ** Previous experience not necessary. ** Everyone can learn. ** All material include (without canvas)we painting on paper if you want to paint on canvas you need to bring it. ** Learn in easy stages at times that are convenient for you. I welcome you to visit my website and my studio at MoonMuang Road, Soi 9, Chiang Mai. I know you will enjoy what you see and hopefully you will be inspired to create your own art. Please booking in advance thank you.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Let Noina unleash the hidden artist in you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I'm a beginner in art, but decided to try it out during my solo trip in Chiang Mai.

I turned up at the art studio on a late Sunday morning, but Noina was busy coaching other students, thus she suggested I should return in the afternoon. I thought she's very professional in that she doesn't take in people for the sake of earning, but she wants to give individual attention to her students. (A tip here is to email or call to check her availability first, which I didn't.)

So I bummed around and returned after lunch, and found myself to be the sole student that afternoon. She asked if I've any preferred paint medium, I told her I'm a beginner and left the decision to be made by her, since she would know better what suits me best. She suggested using pencil since it's easier for a beginner to make changes this way.

She first taught me shading by using some objects in her studio. Then she got me to pick a photo and I chose the Bayon, which still occupies a special place in my heart since it's an icon of my favourite country of Cambodia. She would give advice and provide guidance along the way, without making you overly dependent on her. The balance of giving guidance and leaving room for you to learn through your own judgement is something I very much appreciate about Noina. I certainly wouldn't want a teacher who does everything for you, nor one who doesn't give a damn about your progress. Noina is clearly a professional and friendly teacher.

At the end of the session, I was pleased with the Bayon I produced. Noina said it's a good attempt for a first-timer, but I credit it to my good teacher too.

I was in Chiang Mai for four days, of which three were packed with extreme sports like vertical caving and mountain biking, and I must say that the quiet afternoon exploring art was something really unique and it had brought about a sense of peace and calmness in me. I'll return to Noina's studio if I visit Chiang Mai again, and I'd recommend anyone who's in Chiang Mai to take drawing lessons with Noina. Whether you're looking at brushing up your existing skills, unleashing the hidden artist in you or simply looking for unique activities to fill your Chiang Mai adventures, this is something I'd think anyone can do and would enjoy.

PS: Noina's paintings are for sale too. While I don't have space to hang paintings at home, I'd recommend those who might be interested in purchasing paintings to visit the studio of this talented artist.

1 Thank UrbanOutsider

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

My girlfriend and I both draw amazing portraits in little more than three hours.
Amazing technique!

Cavendish, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Relaxed, artistic setting, great instruction..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Had an afternoon with nothing planned, so I decided to tap into my artistic side, I hadn't picked up a pencil to draw for close to 20 years and within minutes Noina had be drawing bottles and practice my shading, something I completely forgot about, within my 3 hour session, I had drawn a photo that I had selected from her collection, with many laughs and corrections it turned out OK !! Had fun, enjoyed a tea, and learned a little along the way, will definitely join her again when I return to Chiang Mai..

Munich, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Had a wonderfully peaceful and creative time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

I had often seen the posters for Noina's studio around town and this time I took the plunge and booked a 10-hour course with my brother. Noina was so patient and brought out the creative part in us - showing us how to quieten the perfectionist and inner critic - We tried out different techniques, we learnt masses and had a lovely time. Noina's studio is in the bubbly but quiet North-East corner of the old city, I will go back for a few hours when I go back to Chiang Mai - a great experience!

Visited February 2012
dublin
“Get creative in Chiang mai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

I spent two days with Noina in Chiang mai in December. I had not picked p a brush in years and by end of day two Noina had successfully guided me through to completing my first oil on canvas!

I would recommend a visit to Noina's studio for anyone looking to explore their creative side, even if ou are ily around for a day or two. also, Noina is great fun and will have you laughing no matter what you are producing.

Visited December 2011