“Excellent Veg Thai Fusion”

Anchan Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 2,801 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Price range: US$3 - US$4
Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our kitchen is open from 11:30 AM to 8:00 PM, so you can order food up to then and enjoy, the restaurant closes at 9:00PM. OPEN EVERY DAY FROM NOW ON!!! On the 2nd floor off Nimmanhaeminda Road soi Hillside 2, opposite soi 13, a natural ambiance was created for people who enjoy good and healthy food. Come and sample our vegetarian versions of many Thai classical dishes, as well as an ever changing market fresh suggestion menu. All our products are sourced through reliable sources, organically certified where possible or come from ecologically sustainable and viable trade systems.
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

We just ate here for lunch today. The menu looks great. It's not fully vegan but most items are. Unfortunate that the Pad Thai isn't vegan but you can ask for it that way. I had the Massaman curry and my husband had the Penang curry. Both were delicious in different ways. The Massaman was more sweet and had a wonderful paste that included peanuts. Both had coconut milk. The Penang was rich with strong flavors most notable the fresh basil. We had rice with our meal which was a lovely red/brown rice. The meals were not lacking flavor or salt. Yummy!

I usually don't eat food with a lot of fat or salt but I make an exception when I'm on vacation cycling and walking a lot. This place is wonderful. Try it when you're in Chiang Mai!

Date of visit: May 2016
3  Thank Reaha C
Write a reviewReviews (607)

Reviewed 29 April 2016

Now this is what Thai food is all about.

Lovely little spot serving vegan/vegetarian food.
Had the Massaman Curry which comes with rice. Absolutely heavenly and only 120 Baht. My friend raved about the Pad Thai (which she asked to be cooked in no oil). Also had a slice of the vegan chocolate cake. Yum!

I came back the next day to have the Massaman Curry again for lunch.

Highly recommended whether veggie or not. Quality food, good price.

Opens 11:00-20:30

3  Thank London_Vegan85
Reviewed 27 April 2016

Excellent Thai vegetarian food. Very well run. Check off the items on their menu and they give you exactly what you wanted. Highly recommend it. Absolutely amazing and healthy food. I cannot stress how good the Massaman Curry dish is. easily in my top three favorite dishes of all time. Perfectly flavored, might be a tad on the spicy side for wimps like us, but we got it with a mild hotness the second time and it was heavenly. The rice is delicious, the vegetables are cooked to perfection, I will have dreams about it until I go back - which won't be too long from now. The staff are very kind and warm. Hope the secret doesn't get out because it'll be hard to find a table here.

3  Thank Jum A
Reviewed 21 April 2016

We were a group of 6 and we love food. So we decided to order almost everything off the menu. I have to say they made some of the best vegetarian dishes we had tried in a long time. Great flavours throughout all the dishes. The banana flower salad, masaman curry, pad thai, all on the top notch. Don’t miss out on the smoothies, freshly made and super refreshing. A must try.

2  Thank chucknasty
Reviewed 6 April 2016

We spent 3 months in Chiang Mai and came back to Anchan at least once a week because it's seriously one of the best places in town. Their menu changes weekly, so there are always new dishes to try. All the vegetables are super fresh and the way they are flavoured is amazing. The staff is always super lovely and friendly. I don't have a single negative thing to say about this place - you'd be crazy not to like it.

2  Thank Holly O