Tarin Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Furama Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
  • Pool
Ruen Come In(Chiang Mai)
Teppiman Inn(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2016

Really tired hotel. Run down. About the only good thing was the water pressure - very good. And it's close to the airport, but that's it. Desperately needs renovation. Even the beds were old and well used.

Room Tip: They are pretty much all the same
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank skip15000
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent for the rate I paid. Breakfast was great. Room, bed, and amenities are up to standard. Lobby bar pianist was a talented entertainer. The General Manager is always around. See you again next month!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Pachara P
TarinHotel_GM, ผู้จัดการทั่วไป at Tarin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Khun Pachara P
Thank you so much for your comments via Tripadvisor and we are all looking forward to welcome you back to The Tarin Hotel Chiang Mai soon.
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Tarin Hotel Chiang Mai. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Got a room at the 6't floor. Nothing special, the view from the room was a construction site, but no matter.
At a price of 1100 bath breakfast included, no complaints

Staff very helpful and polite all round.

A nice supply of towels and the wash basin even had hot water.

The plumbing for the shower / bath tube were a little shaky, but after a call a service person arrived after 5 minutes and fixed the problem.
But the piping could have done with a good work over.

I missed a few thing's in the room.

1: A water boiler for coffee were sorely missed.
2: Another thing were outlets for power. One outlet in the bathroom, and one in the main room, and that one were already in use by television and refrigerator.
3: I would have liked the possibility to open a small window.

Wifi had a tendency to loose connection, but usually connected again after a short time.

The breakfast was not for me. It may be that it is geared toward the Chinese guests that the hotel had many of.

What I was most happy with was the attitude of the staff. Very nice and helpful people.
I'm not a regular in this city, but I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ErikJ331
TarinHotel_GM, ผู้จัดการทั่วไป at Tarin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Khun ErikJ331
Thank you for taking your time to give us your positive feedback. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Tarin Hotel Chiang Mai.
Thank you again for sharing your experience in TripAdvisor. And we are looking forward to welcome you back in near future.
General Manager Tarin Hotel Chiang Mai

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Hot off the press - phone call from a very unhappy husband who has the misfortune to be staying in this hostel. His VIP suite is dirty, old and well past it's use-by date. No crisp white linen nor fresh towels and so he is not looking forward to either a shower or getting a good nights sleep. I find this hard to believe, but he said there is not one single power point in the room!

Each to their own, some reviewers have been happy. If you are on a budget and content with one notch up from back-packers then give it a go, otherwise give it a miss.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TarinHotel_GM, ผู้จัดการทั่วไป at Tarin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Khun Hell2Plea
Thank you for sharing your staying experience via TripAdvisor.
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Tarin Hotel Chiang Mai. We are thank you again for your value feedback.
I will share your comments with our team we strive must to continuously improve the quality of our services.
We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Having failed to make a booking at other CM hotels earlier, Tarin was our only option. The Junior Suite room was nice but dated and room 202 at the front is noisy near the road, I think they use tissue paper for windows, no sound proofing at all. We were charged an exorbitant amount which was for the "compulsory NY dinner"(nothing about that in the booking in AsiaRooms) that we had no intention of going to. Now the plumbing, no hot water in the mornings and evenings, their exude, too many people in hotel. If your system cannot cope with a full house then time to fix it. Then the noise, hi pitch noise at around 2 AM most mornings, enough to wake the dead from sleep, their excuse, "it goes away soon"…news for them, it didn't go away.

Basically I got the feeling that the management does not give a damn about what your issues are. Well Tarin management, here is my report on your service to the world, for what you were charging over the NY period, it is definitely not value for money. Would not recommend you to anyone at anytime.

Room Tip: My advice, book a different hotel, these guys don't really care.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
TarinHotel_GM, ผู้จัดการทั่วไป at Tarin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Khun Steveyina
Thank you for sharing your staying experience via TripAdvisor.
I will share your comments with our management. I am sure that this feedback will serve as good for improve. We strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
We look forward to welcome you back and make your next visit as pleasant as the previous one.