Rachamankha
US$144
US$130
Movenpick.com
Le Meridien Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$188
US$61
US$256
US$157
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$195/night.

US$219
US$214
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$94
US$60
US$129
US$53
US$723
US$386
Agoda.com
Anantara Chiang Mai Resort(Chiang Mai)
US$533
US$369
1,182 results
All reviewsold citybeautiful hotelantique furnitureoasis spalanna stylebedroom suitewat phrabustling citypool area isbeautiful poolour honeymoonrooms are comfortabletuk tukhotel restauranttucked awaycommon areasspent nights
Reviewed 14 January 2009

we stayed at the Rachamanka for 4 nights at the start of our honeymoon. It was a wonderful experience. The stay were fantastic and made us feel very special, the accomodation was stunning, it's a little different to your average hotel, as far removed from your corporate westernised hotels as you can get yet it still is luxurious and beautiful.

I felt like I was in old Thailand as opposed to westernised Thailand. The breakfasts were amazing, the staff refilled my coffe/ juice at least 5 times a meal. All of the food is fresh and tasty, we had a meal there one night too and whilst it wasn't cheap it was also top notch.

Staying here is an experience, it's a nice location because it's not in the centre of Chang Mai and too noisey. A must for anyone who likes something top class but a little different, however if you are used to Hiltons and corpoprate hotels then this may not be for you.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 12 December 2008

The Rachamankha is located on a quiet side street inside the ancient walled part of the city and just a block from the largest Buddhist temple called Wat Phra Singh.

Upon arrival, I had the impression I was entering an ancient Buddhist monastery. A thick white wall surrounds the entire hotel complex with tall, thick white walls, dark wooden beams, and red-tiled floors all the way through all the buildings. (I couldn’t believe it when I was later informed that the hotel had been build from the ground up just a few years before.) The staff immediately greeted us, took our luggage and led us to a beautiful, open-air lobby. We were seated, provided with beverages and give a short check-in form to fill-in. Then, we were led to our rooms.

Again, the rooms continued the impression of the ancient holy place with tall, thick wooden doors that had old-looking handles. However, don’t take my use of the word “old” to mean “in poor condition”. Everything in this hotel was in perfect operating condition. The rooms provided plenty of space, including a large bathroom with western-style amenities.

All the rooms are located along open-air hallways that are covered to protect you during the rainy seasons. The restaurant is just across the main courtyard from the guest rooms and the food was fantastic. We had all our breakfasts here and they have a very solid Western-style menu to select from.

Everything here, including the in-room wireless Internet access, the lovely pool area, and every other detail was quite enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 11 December 2008

What a wonderful oasis within the historic center of Chiang Mai. Being an architect I was completely taken by the thought given to the design of Rachamankha and the attention to detail. There is a wonderful sequence of spaces from the entry courtyard to the elegant and peaceful inner courtyards, pool, and gardens. We enjoyed it thoroughly... an elegant room, reading by the pool (with a cocktail) and wonderful breakfasts in the courtyard.

The staff was fabulous...extreemly courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2008

The Rachamankha was our dream hotel. A truly unique property that exudes tranquility and calm. The room (we got upgraded to a suite) was impeccable with great style and quality. The communal spaces (pool, library and large open sala) were stunning. The service at the hotel and restaurant was very good but never overbearing. We felt always at ease in what felt like a private oasis.

Breakfast in the beautifully decorated restaurant was great - whilst a la carte the variety and quantity was enough for anybody. The restaurant menu for dinner is extensive and well priced for a top hotel. The food was delicious!

The rachamankha is situated within the walls of the Old City a few steps away from the most important and beautiful Wat of Chiang Mai. The attractions of the night bazaar and shopping district are not on your doorstep which we found a great advantage as they were within close enough distance to walk to and take in the charms of the streets of Chiang Mai, and ensured that the hotel always felt peaceful and secluded (for those that would rather public transport a taxi and tuk-tuk were always outside).

The Rachamankha is a true delight and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2008

The hotel staff and manager were fantastic and the service was among the best I've ever received. The hotel is exquisitely decorated, the art gallery is very interesting, and the grounds are tranquil and very well kept.

There is one series that deserves special mention. Unknown to the hotel, I purchased a Buddha as a reminder of my wonderful time in Chiang Mai. I did not know, at the time of purchase, that a special government permit is required before one can take any piece such as that out of the country.

So, when I found out this out at the airport, I was stuck. Not only did the hotel arrange to hold it temporarily it until I obtained the necessary papers, but they assisted me through the process, when they didn't have to. In all, it took about 4 months, and throughout the process they were patient and very helpful. They explained the procedures required, helped me to obtain the approvals and suggested a bunch of alternatives to get it to me. In the end, I was able to get the piece and it is now proudly in my home. I am very satisfied.

Furthermore, the hotel location is close to Wat Phra Singh and the recommendable Oasis Spa. The restaurant has a pleasant atmosphere and the food was good, especially the breakfast rice porridge. Overall, this was an amazing hideaway in the middle of the bustling part of Chiang Mai, and well worth every penny.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family