De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$128
  • Restaurant
US$121
US$72
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

US$200
US$177
US$94
US$80
US$128
US$78
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

US$183
Hotels.com
US$484
US$393
Anantara.com
All reviewskitchenette areaold citysmall kitchenetteceiling fanminute walksunday walking marketcomfortable bedlaundry servicegood sizeperfect locationlesterguesthouseaccouchtuk
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this lovely guesthouse in early December.
The rooms were much larger than expected. the furnishings were done quite tastefully to give an open, clean and uncluttered feeling. Bathroom was huge with double sink and hot water there, as well as the showers. Room was immaculately clean everyday.The coffee maker with coffee was a nice touch, especially for a very inexpensive guesthouse.
All in all, just a terrific little place in the middle of Old City.
I have already recommended this little gem to a number of my friends, and they all loved it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CasaSummer
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

I initially found this place through AirBnB as I was making plan for my first holiday in Thailand. I contacted Lester who was extremely helpful in answering all of my questions and making sure that we were able to book everything through properly.
Lester even sent someone for us to the airport. He is American but had been living in Thailand with his wife for 10+ years, so he can really help you with any advice or tips on traveling throughout the country.

The room is simply great. Lester recently completed renovating the building, so everything is essentially new and modern. Centrally located, you are but walking distance to many Wats around the city along with restaurants, bars and markets not too far away.

The value behind these rooms and location is great. There is also a laundry service available. The staff has also helped us in booking tours, spa treatments, etc. with their capability to communicate to the places in Thai, especially about the exact location.

The building also has a restaurant and bar with breakfast, lunch and dinner options.

One thing to note and be mindful, there is also another place called Seven Senses. When asking for Seven Suns, especially by cab, tuk tuk and other drivers, it apparently is very common to get the two confused. Make sure you have a map available to show drivers the exact location of this building.

Overall, I highly recommend staying at Seven Suns. This was a great stay for a great price.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank KGarcia0313
Reviewed 24 January 2013

This was my first visit to Chiang Mai. I was already confident I had found the right place due to the helpful and informative emails I received from the owner, Lester, before I arrived. He arranged the seamless transfer from the Airport to the Motel on our very late arrival. The place is completely refurbished with bigger rooms then previously, everything is new and modern. Wonderful and comfortable bed (very important for me). Breakfasts were a great showcase of local cuisine mixed with western options.

Lester, his wife and team were all very friendly and helpful. It was a relaxng stay and will return for a longer stay later this year...:)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Marcus4005
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Lester and his wife have done an amazing remodel with spacious rooms, extremely comfortable king size beds, tasteful furnishing and amazing bathrooms. Great location and they were very helpful with directions and helping in arranging a cooking school and other activities around the area. Excellent coffee and affordable made to order to breakfasts make this place a must stay. We can't wait to stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the one queen room, room 401 which was amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2012

My husband & I have loved staying at Seven Suns. Please ignore the reviews earlier than the end of 2011, as it was only taken over from that point & recently renovated throughout. It is in a great location in the Old City, with all amenities close by.
The rooms are spotlessly clean, well thought out with lots of plug sockets, excellent Wifi, nicely decorated & very airy & spacious - perfect for us to practice our yoga.
The staff - Oi, Ying, Lynn, Maryanne & Ta are an absolute delight & are great cooking teachers, tailors & advisors too.
Above all, Lester & Sanh are absolutely charming hosts...laidback, welcoming, helpful & a pleasure to spend time with. Lester has been living in Thailand for 20 years & has great local knowledge.
We stayed here initially for a week & stayed for another 3 nights when we came back to Chiang Mai - we only wish the rooms & the wonderful staff were available everywhere we have travelled. We will definitely recommend Seven Suns.

Room Tip: Worth spending the little bit extra for a large suite.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple