“Great location”

Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #70 of 801 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 November 2016

If you are looking for an excellent location, I highly recommend Parasol Inn. Located close enough to the gates so that if you want to leave the old city you can and also right at the heart and center of the old city, near some of the best temples, and in the midst of the popular Sunday market. The rooms have A/C but lack ventilation.

Room Tip: Best location.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Cha Cha N, General Manager at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2016

Dear Olga G.,

Many thanks for your kind wonderful review and highly recommendation. It is very much appreciated !

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was up to your expectations especially our great location in the center of Chiang mai old city.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel, very friendly and helpful staff. Nice clean rooms. Good location in the centre of the old town, lots of shops & restaurants around. Close to local attractions and lots of tour guides around. Only downside was breakfast a little bit lacking but unlimited coffee which is great for me. A definite good hotel and would happily stay again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Cha Cha N, General Manager at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Dear Dtravel0001,

Thank you so much for your wonderful words about your recent stay at Parasol Inn Hotel, Chiang Mai.

I am delighted that all your expectations were met and that you will most certainly return to stay with us, should your travels bring you back to Chiang Mai.

Glad to know that our great location and the hotel concept with our cleanliness are worked well for you. Special thanks for your kind words about our friendly and helpful staff which I will share to the team.

Happy that you enjoy free flow coffee, tea, juice and toast during breakfast time. For the breakfast main course - there are 6 optional sets for your preferable both Asian style and Western style. Hope you choose the suitable set for your next trip.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,
gm@artmaigalleryhotel.com

Reviewed 10 November 2016

This is a very situational experience, but I do feel like you should be warned if you have any sort of mobility issues. The location of this hotel is great. In most cases, this hotel will provide you everything you need for your stay in Chiang Mai. However, there are some downsides... the cleaners use way too much cleaner in the room, it smells slightly toxic, as there was no window in the room to air it out. Both my boyfriend and I also got cholera, and all we had eaten that day was breakfast at the hotel restaurant. There are also stairs that lead you up to the rooms, and those stairs are built very unevenly. The day we left, I tripped on one of the stairs that was about 3 inches higher than most of them, and fractured my tibia. With all that said, the customer service at the hotel handled it well, and refunded our stay once I provided them copies of my hospital diagnosis'. I do feel like people should be aware of the stairs, as I am a young adult with zero mobility limitations, and I ended up with a broken leg.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chonchmobile

Dear Chonchmobile,

Warm greetings from Parasol Inn Hotel, Chiang Mai.

Having read the constructive comment in your TripAdvisor review, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience or dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay with us.

Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and our aim is not only to meet our discerning guests’ expectations but to exceed them, and as such we are constantly striving to improve the experiences and services we offer.

As we has communicated directly before this review, I would like to thanks for your understanding and kindly accept our apologies for this situation. We do hope that your leg is now recovered. Please rest assured that I am personally investigating and taking action on all of the matters you raised, so as to improve our services to suit the high standards befitting our valued guests.

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me and I will do everything in my power to assist you.

Yours sincerely,
Niwatcharee Wungsoontorn
gm@artmaigalleryhotel.com

Reviewed 22 September 2016

We stayed as a four-person family in the Grand Parasol room. We were impressed with the large room and ensuite bathroom. The room had a queen sized bed and a bunk bed which was nice and comfortable. I liked the paintings on the wall and the decorations which made me feel like I really am in Thailand! We could see out the windows onto the main street, but it wasn't noisy at all. The only bad point was that the TV connection was not very good and many of the channels were blurred due to a loose cable. The water boiler also had a loose cable too, so I suggest this hotel replace these cables. Breakfast was provided daily. There were options for Asian or Western meal. I ate the same Western breakfast for 3 days because it was that delicious! The location of the hotel is great and it is right next to Wat Pan Tao and Wat Chedi Luang - two popular temples to visit. You can also easily walk to other temples too. Checkin at the hotel was quick and easy. During our stay however, we didn't interact much with the receptionist staff because they were hardly there to cover reception! Many times when we walked past, especially at night, no one was at reception so we're just a little concerned with the security of this place. Overall, we were satisfied with the hotel and would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Cha Cha N, General Manager at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear Alice,

Thank you for the time you’ve taken to share the positive review of our hotel. I am delighted to learn that your leisure stay with us was a memorable one. I am grateful for your wonderful feedback about our room, decoration and delicious breakfast.

We appreciated your comment regarding TV connection, water cable and the reception staff. We ensure for all further improvement.

I do hope that Parasol Inn Hotel, Chiang Mai will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Email : gm@artmaigalleryhotel.com

Reviewed 18 September 2016

It's one of a good choice to enjoy visiting old temples and Sunday walking street. It's not a new hotel but overall is great. I love the Thai style drawing in bedroom wall! Air Con Room with breakfast also you can get a la carte international menu for your lunch/dinner. Thai food dishes at the hotel restaurant is superb! I got a bottle of beer and enjoy seeing people along the street. It's located on Tourist area but it's also on a very Traditional Thai Northern atmosphere. From the location, it's supposed to be noisy but it is NOT! Service is also good - staffs are friendly.

Stayed: September 2016
Cha Cha N, Guest Relations Manager at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Dear SuperModi,

Thank you for praising Parasol Inn’s ambiance and atmosphere as well as our breakfast, lunch and dinner selection in our popular TERRACE Bar & Cuisine.

We are happy to know that we have all made your stay enjoyable with our warm hospitality and friendly service and that you had rated us 5 stars for your overall stay and kindly share this great experience to others via Trip Advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future and to making your stay even more amazing in any way we can.