Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality
US$60
US$185
US$155
Agoda.com
The Grand Napat(Chiang Mai)
US$50
US$33
US$39
US$37
US$40
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$28
Agoda.com
All reviewssunday marketgreat locationold citycentral locationno liftsunday walking streetwat chedi luangincluded breakfasta great place to stayfourth floorwithin easy walking distancestreet noisegreat roomfamily roommini fridgelight sleeperthe air conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Having decided to stay in the old city as a change on our last visit we booked at Parasol Inn based on their site, price, its central location within the old city and being within easy walking distance of some good restaurants, most of the main temples and even the main night market at the bottom of Loi Kroh Road on the Ping River. It is also right in the centre of the Sunday Walking Street Market. We stayed for seven nights and were reasonably comfortable with some pros although there were some cons as well.
We had booked an Ancient Parasol Room based on reviews on line of the normal rooms being stuffy and having no windows. The room was air-conditioned, had a queen size bed, a TV and a window that looked onto the street although the view was partially blocked by overhead wires. This is however common in Thailand. The décor was as advertised however the room and specifically the shower areas are looking a little tired and could do with some refreshment, also for instance the towels and shower mats were frayed and need replacing. We also enjoy having a night time drink or two while catching up on the news etc. and this was not feasible without lying or sitting on the bed (at right angles to the TV) as the seating provided are low stools and not chairs and very uncomfortable. We also had problems with the TV as the reception was very poor. We often ended up sitting downstairs either in the reception area or at a table on the restaurant deck to have our night caps. At least the free Wi-Fi connection was strong and the speed was adequate. There is also no lift and although not a problem for us this would be an issue for someone who has mobility issues.
On the positive side the position is great and prices are reasonable. The food at the adjacent restaurant was very good even if the free breakfast was a little limited. I can recommend any of the Thai dishes they were all very good the Khao Soi being my favourite.
The front desk was always manned by very friendly staff who were very helpful in arranging transport, tours, a rental scooter etc. The room was serviced daily.
One problem we encountered which is not a fault of Parasol Inn is we had gone out on the Sunday on the scooter and on returning that evening found all the normal routes closed for the walking street. We tried to find an alternative route but even with a Tuk Tuk drivers guidance were unable to do so and ended up parking outside the old city and walking down to the market. If you think this may happen to you get Parasol Inn to indicate a route on a map of how to get to Parasol Inn when the Sunday Market is active.
Well positioned with lots of potential and great staff, but there were some issues for us as indicated so Parasol Inn loses one star from what would have been four stars. We are not sure if we would stay here again there are possibly better options in Loi Kroh Road such as Raming Lodge we would however visit the restaurant again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Cha Cha N, General Manager at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Dear John W R,

Thank you for your wonderful words of praise for Parasol Inn Hotel and for providing such a comprehensive account of the hotel. Appreciated your clarifying with the reader on our great location with helpful and friendly staff.

Thanks for taking the time to share some comments with us. Your feedback is important in ensuring that greater attention and improvement are immediately looked into where needed.

Look forward to welcoming you back again whereby we can present an improved profile of services.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 February 2017

I stayed at Parasol for 5 nights. I cannot give the friendly, helpful, cheerful staff enough compliments. They simply go above & beyond every single time you meet them. They arranged taxi pick-up & return at the airport. They stored my luggage when I left for a few days. They happily gave advice & guidance to make my stay enjoyable. They found me a back room when I requested it due to street noise in my front room. Nothing was too much trouble for them! Add to that the unbelievably central location in the old city, & you have a happy hotel for your stay in Chiang Mai. I'm sorry not to give it 5 stars but for me, the bed was very hard. I think this might be an Asian thing rather than a reflection on the hotel. You also could not stay here if you had mobility issues as the stairs would be a problem.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back, although without windows, are much quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Cha Cha N, General Manager at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Dear evelynhazzard,

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review following your recent visit to Parasol Inn Hotel, Chiang Mai.

It always makes me extremely happy to learn that our customers have enjoyed their stay experience with us. Your comments about our staff are the most appreciated though as with service levels, it is often the difference between good and great. I will be sure to pass your kind words to the team.

Once again, a big thank you from all here and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to your "home" in Chiang Mai.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Parasol inn is situated in the heart of the old town city. The Sunday Night Market is at the footstep of the entrance. They have standard accommodations and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Cha Cha N, General Manager at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Dear Genevieve D,

Thank you very much for your great review via TripAdvisor. Wonderful that you fully enjoyed your stay and sharing your good experience in Parasol Inn Hotel, Chiang Mai to the fellow travelers.

It was a great pleasure to have you with us and we are delighted that all your expectations were met, from our great location, good accommodation and hospitality services from our staff. It's true, we have a great and energetic team!

Glad to now that you will most certainly return to stay with us, should your travels bring you back to Chiang Mai. Look forward to welcoming you back to this "Home" in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Parasol Inn for 8 nights and loved the location since it is right in the middle of The Old Quarter. You could easily walk to many beautiful temples and the Sunday night street market is right outside the hotel's front door! The room was comfortable and the air conditioning was very much appreciated. The hotel does not have a lift but it wasn't a big issue for us to climb 3 or 4 flights of stairs each day.

The thing I appreciated the most was the staff! They went beyond the typical customer service one would expect from a good hotel. They were always friendly, happy and accommodating in every way. I was sick for a couple of days and they were so kind to recommend a pharmacy where my husband could pick up some meds for me and they were always concerned about my wellbeing. Tina, in particular, asked the chef in the associated restaurant to make me some pork rice porridge that was the perfect thing for my unsettled stomach. I can't say enough good things about the staff at this hotel! They made our stay in Chiang Mai extra special!

Stayed: January 2017
Cha Cha N, General Manager at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Betty W,

I am so pleased to read your review and that we had met all your expectations and most important that you felt so welcomed and impressed staff service at Parasol Inn Hotel. I will be sure to forward your feedback to Khun Tina and her team, Guest Services associates as it allows me the opportunity to show that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests and myself alike.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your return again.

Warm regards,
Best regards,
Email : gm@artmaigalleryhotel.com

Reviewed 20 December 2016

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights recently. The front desk staff are awesome, extremely helpful. Hotel location is a plus as others suggested. One star deduction due to poor ventilation,early morning noises, and ancient TV with poor reception. Our room was located right above the restaurant and you could smell "grease" in the room all day in addition to loud noises sounding like furniture/equipment move early mornings.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Cha Cha N, General Manager at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Dear Jeannie L,

Many thanks for your kind review and recommendation. It is very much appreciated !
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Especially your comments about the Front Desk team are much appreciated! It's true, we have a great and energetic team. I will be sharing your compliments with my team and can assure you that they will all be delighted.

Please accept our apologies for the poor ventilation which we considering to upgrade upon next coming renovation. Loud noises sounding will stop immediately after warning the staff and we are now changing the new TV floor by floor.

Please, let us know when you are coming back to Parasol Inn Hotel. Have a look at our website or just give us a call and we will make sure we give you our best rates.

Best regards,