We stayed in a room around the pool and was very pleased with both the room and the hotel itself. We didn't really have time to sunbathe for long but did enjoy the pool area and it seemed an ideal place for families.
The restaurant was excellent for both variety and quality at breakfast and when we ate there in the evening. The staff were courteous, efficient and charming at all times.
We had only 2 areas for concern. The first was mosquitoes which I think is due to being close to the river. The hotel will give you a spray in the restaurant area if they are irritating, and will also spray the room for you which is a necessity. We bought a can of stronger spray from the supermarket to ensure there were no problems. The other minor area of concern was that the room was full of furniture, but no space to put your things, so we left most items in our suitcases.
We also borrowed bikes from reception and enjoyed riding around the local area and into Chaing Mai itself.
Overall highly recommend this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rimping Village is located in the city centre, close to the historic attractions the city offers including the famous Night Bazaar and the charming Watgate community by the Ping River. Enjoy an atmosphere of relaxation that is part and parcel of the Northern tradition. A cool, refreshing swimming pool is placed below a huge banyan tree so that guests can absorb the mood of nature while finding relief from the tropical heat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Rimping Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rimping Village Chiang Mai
- Rimping Village Hotel Chiang Mai