Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
S$41
Agoda.com
S$32
Fully refundable before Thu, 7 Mar
Easy and fast booking
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 August 2011

When I heard that we will be staying at this hotel, I was a bit terrified because the hotel would have been built like some 30 years ago, and it's at the lively Pattaya!
When I saw the old pix of the old website, worse feeling of very old building, outdated rooms and pool. But then found a new website and looked like the hotel and rooms were refurbished so I felt much more comfortable to stay here.
Once checked-in as a big group (from company & suppliers), I got a room which was in a "new wing", connecting to my friend's room so it was good! The room was huge with a big king bed. View was nothing but the driveway of the hotel and next door abandoned field.
The slide-door of the bathroom was strange though, could not really close the bathroom. Big problem with the drainage in the shower cubicle. Water wouldn't go down till hours. Another annoying point was the air-con, it was automatically shut down at sometime during the night. I woke up sweaty a few times! Then still didn't realise the air-con was off, so I continued to sleep. But it became too hot that I woke up again and realised there was no air, so I bothered got up and switched the air-con on.
More terrible thing is that I could hear doors open of all rooms nearby. It was so loud. The lock was not just one click but it's about 4-5 click for each time you open the door. So click click click click click all night! That's another reason to wake me up!
Anyway, the pool was fine. The breakfast buffet was adequate, and no complaint. Staff was ok. The beach is just walk across the road front of the hotel. Big shopping mall - Central Festival and Hard Rock Cafe & Hotel were few minutes walk away.
For a group rate, I think it was fair. I don't mind staying here again, but I would pay a little extra for somewhere nicer. I didn't say Hotel Tropicana is not nice though!

Room tip: Rooms facing front swimming pool should be nice!
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank patrick-syd
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We booked this hotel for 2 night stay in pattaya.

I stayed in many diffrent hotel in pattaya but this time I am traveling with my family and booked this hotel because their was some kind of festival was going on and it was hard to book the rooms because all the hotels were full.

The room was spacious and their are 2 swimming pools with clean water. Rooms are very old and need to be updated. This hotel can be excess from the beach road and 2nd road.

We have enjoyed our stay in this hotel. You can catch the bath taxi to reach to nighlife area and shopping malls.

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2010

This was my second time stay in Tropicana. This time I stayed seven nights and did enjoy it again.

The staff is still friendly and efficient, the service is still good. My first stay with them was over a year ago and I was very pleasantly surprised when their restaurant supervisor immediately recognized me at breakfast and greeted me warmly. That kind of treatment does make you feel welcome and comfortable.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Nast
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Good hotel great price, went in june low season got a good deal twin bed for 1300 baht inclusive all tax . Hotel is a beach front property with a big swimming pool . lot of activity around the hotel . Also for young bachelors lot of things to do around the hotel and in pattaya.

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ab500
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 29 October 2009

Date of stay: October 2009
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.