“Rubbish meal”

Ranked #312 of 1,241 Restaurants in Pattaya
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: European, Italian, Pizza, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ristorante Mimosa is an authentic Italian/Thai family owned Restaurant located close to Jomtien Beach Pattaya. It offers the finest Italian and Thai food in the area through a combination of the freshest highest quality ingredients and decades of experience. Everything here is homemade even down to our delicious desserts, at Mimosa we know good food!
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

The smallest piece of fish I have ever seen and not properly cooked and at 300 baht it was rubbish. The owner of the restaurant looked at me as he knew I was not happy, but looked away. They took my plate away with the fish still on the plate and never said a word, just gave me the bill. In rompo market there is an Italian restaurant and there fish and chips is only 170 baht, really good. What can I say, not worth a visit.

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

Best pizza.....all ordered food tasty and staff VERY friendly and greeted by owner & wife.....we'll come again .....

Reviewed 20 November 2016

Having eaten here many times, but never once been greeted by the owner or wife, last night is the last time I will spend my money there. My wife finished work late and so we decided to go for a salad at around 10.00 pm. With opening hours shown as being 23.30. It became pretty clear we weren't welcome but thought we would eat be gone quickly and leave them to close up. A slad doesn't take long, but still they were closing up, lights off and changed from work attire before we had left. Owner broody as usual. Must be an Italian only Italian? This time the prawn bacon salad arrived with very little sauce so we were charged extra when we asked for more. Never going there again, many more friendlier establishments of same or better quality happy for custom and customers.

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

Nice restaurant clean with very good tasty pizza
We get our order very quick and the staff was ok
I recommend this place

Reviewed 29 August 2016

We visited this place a few days ago. I went with a very knowledgeable about food friend from Switzerland.

The pizza is very, very good. Thin, crispy crust. Each pie (one will feed 2 people) costs around B300 depending on the toppings.

But this is more than a pizzeria as indicated from the restaurant's full name, Ristorante Mimosa Pizzeria. The pasta course we had (with seafood) was also very tasty, cooked al dente, and with plenty of seafood. It was about B 350.

I also had calamari (deep fried squid) which is big enough to serve as a meal for one on its own and it came with French Fries. (Price about B 300). The menu has several pizza, and pasta selections as well as main courses and desserts. Pictures of the plates makes selection easy. Beer and wine was also on the menu. The chef/owner is from Bergamo, Italy; he's Italian so he knows what he is doing. Service was decent but there were only 2 waiters and this on a full Saturday night.

The decor is relatively simple: upright, dark brown chairs and tables, mostly orange colored walls with an open kitchen. Seating for about 30 people. My Swiss friend, who is picky, thought the decor too simple and a bit tattered but he agreed that the food was well worth it.

Bill for 2 people with 2 large bottles of beer, and 2 plates each was B1,650. But that was a lot of food and I think two could easily eat for less than half that.

Mimosa Restaurant is near the Sukhumvit and Soi Chaipruke 1 intersection in Pattaya; Tel. 087 142 7642.

I would highly recommend this place.