“NOT FOR ME !!”

Blue Olive
Ranked #117 of 1,185 Restaurants in Pattaya
Price range: US$1 - US$29
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Rustic Mediterranean, food from Greece, Italy, France, Spain. also black angus steaks imported directly from Canada,Canadian Lobster and cold water fishes.Home made cakesAll prepared in an open kitchen!Inside interior, rustic mediterranean, nice brick work in the air con dining room.Outside terrace, quiet and comfy, chilled ambience back round music.7 different open house wines from a barrique barrel.Additional wine list for bottled wines, new and old world!
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

After reading many reviews on TripAdvisor I decided to pop in and see for myself.
I went in today, FRIDAY 10th March 2017 at approximately 1430 hours.
I had offered to treat friends to something special.
The only thing that was any good was the website !!
Three of us parked outside and entered.
The place was deserted except for three or four Thai Nationals at the bar.
Staff or customers?, never found out !!!!
No one to meet and greet and I had to ask the people sitting at the bar if the place was open or not !!!
No music or atmosphere.
I actually felt like I was intruding!!
I sat myself and guests at a table and waited, and waited.
I used the waiting time to view the rather basic/ cheap furnishings.
After approximately six minutes or so, someone appeared wearing a staff uniform (polo shirt) and offered us the Menus and then promptly disappeared.
Menus very, very basic and not at all tempting.
Minimal choices of food and drink all at exaggerated prices.....why ??
We all left the premises without any further visual or verbal contact from anyone.
What a let down.
Totally disappointed and extremely embarrassed in front of my guests.
What a waste of time, gutted !

3  Thank Ray10661066

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

I went there 2nd time with my friends because in first time the food was so good. Also this time all the food was delicious, especially the ribs.

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

Blue Olive has changed quite a bit of their menu since I was there last, a few years ago. Back then, they were strickly Mediteranean with mostly seafood fare. Now, they even serve pizza! So, try this lovely and welcoming little restaurant because the food and service are worthy of your time. Your taste-buds will thank you!

Reviewed 24 September 2016

We have been going to this restaurant on and off for 3 years or so and it as all ways been good but this time they really have up the quality of the food.
I started with a breakfast Caesar, what an invention (nearly as good as the invention of the wheel) it was total first class, my wife had the the Coho Salmon and was very impressed, we had a intercoarse drink then ordered our main's my wife the mixed meats on skewers which she very much enjoyed and I have the Canadian Sockeye Salmon both were cooked to perfection, we went away thinking we must go back asap.
Great food and very pleasant staff.
Thanks for a great night with great food.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

I went to the meat shop next to Blue Olive yesterday to pick up some of their outstanding smoked American bacon, and as I was leaving, I spotted the sign showing the daily special at Blue Olive, baked chicken breast in wild mushroom sauce and mash.
After going home and dropping off the frozen bacon (highly recommended! ), I returned to have the daily special.

The meal started with a delicious helping of soft french bread and a condiment that was out of this world. I ate all the bread and soaked up every last bit of the spread. I have no idea what it was, but it was better than butter. If I'd had more bread and spread, I could have made a (rather unhealthy) meal of it.

In due coarse, the chicken was served. It was flavorful and tender with a delicious mushroom sauce that enhanced the typically bland flavor of baked chicken breast. It went perfectly with the chicken, though I wish the plate had more of the sauce because I ran out a bit before the last bite of chicken.

The mash was very good, had a consistency that allowed it to hold its shape nicely. Vegetables (broccoli, carrots) were al dente, nicely prepared and still slightly crunchy.
For 250 baht, it was a good value.