“Great food and place to celebrate birthdays”

The Kitchen Pattaya
Ranked #82 of 1,241 Restaurants in Pattaya
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I celebrated my birthday with friends the other day here and we are all assisted and cared by Mr. Guillaume and the staffs. I would recommend to get his number and inform him your order before coming so it's all prepared when you arrived (No hassle)
Food was great such as pizza, whole roast chicken and steaks. Place is great too! Will definitely go back here not just for birthdays but also for normal days and will try some of the dishes.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ordered the smaller portion but said they didn't have it. So upgraded I love steak.
But ordered medium rare but got rare. Ok gave some appetizers but i think they wanted to make up for the steak wasn't that good. A lot of fat but wasn't that nice, Manager French only gave excuses and says why steak has fat. My friend ordered a Rib Eye but I have never seen a RibEye with so much fat. They sell by the Gram. Manager only tried to sell why have fat but when you see a picture of a real Ribeye not look same. So up to you whether or not you like the place Just a heads up. Staff ok.

Guillaume b, Manager at The Kitchen Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good morning sir,

I remember you as you came eat not a long time ago, first your friends complained about the food wich arrived at different timing wich he was not happy about, just to discover as the waitress was asked that it was in fact your girlfriend who came to the cashier to specifically asked for it.

We do offer appettizer because as the steak take a time to prepare, we don t want the customer to be waiting in front of an empty plate not because the quality of our beef.

I remember your friend telling e that there is no fat in the rib eye, wich i answered that the rib eye is one of the most fat part og the beef as the fatt is inside, and explained him that the tenderloin has no fat and striploin has fat but more arounf the meat, as the rib eye has fat inside the meat (this link for photo or raw rib eye steak for more understanding : https://www.google.co.th/search?q=rib+eye+steak&rlz=1C1AVNC_enFR605FR605&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjx1-uQr8vdAhWBQY8KHey5APEQ_AUIDigB&biw=1517&bih=695)
then your friend told me the rib eye should be less expensive because it has more fat, wich i answered that the price is not about the quantity of fat but about the size of the cut in the beef (rare is more expensive)

then you told me you re from a beef country then you know (queenslanf if i remember correctly) well coming from a beef land clearly doesn t you make a steak expert...

I would have presented excuses if your arguments that night were correct, but in fact the only things i presented was explanations

Sorry the meat did not match your expectation but i tought maybe a better knowledge about the cut would save you some disapointment in the future that s why I explained the difference with the different cut

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

After ordering our meals , we had quite a wait for them to arrive . I’d ordered a 300g Ribeye , my partner a pasta dish!
Imagine my disappointment after a 30 minute wait when the wrong steak arrived , to be told that no rib eye available. In a steak house ???
The waitress did try to force a sorry looking alternative on me, needless to say I refused .
After asking to settle my drink bill, I spoke to a chef and asked if no ribeye, yes we have plenty Ribeye he informed me.
I asked to speak to manager / boss to be told he was home for the night ... sorry but any owner / manager who is home at 9.30 on a busy Saturday night deserves failure .
I won’t be back .. ever , nor will I advise my friends . To be messed about / lied to in a so called upmarket restaurant is unacceptable.

2  Thank Callum1874
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We went there after shopping in the mall. Clean restaurant and staff are friendly and helpful. Menu provide from traditional Thai Tun Yum to Pizza and burger.
NO Credit card accept that should be reminded when seat.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has a nice, clean, modern feel. The menu was clear with pictures of each dish and plenty of choice. Food was well presented and tasted nice. Would eat here again.