“Smashing little oasis in Pattaya”
Review of Le Prive Pattaya

Le Prive Pattaya
Ranked #104 of 463 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of times with friends and cannot say enough what a wonderful little oasis it is. Set within beautiful well tended gardens around a very nice pool you feel like you have your own little bit of paradise just 10 mins walk from walking street and all the bars. Owners are very kind and helpful and the rooms are well equipped and very clean. Well worth the money

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 January 2017

After a long journey walking into Le Prive was peace and tranquillity, the owner J.louis was there to greet me and show the facilities.
The gardens are amazing and very Thai with the highest attention to detail, the pool has lovely clear water and is cleaned daily.
Caged songbirds add to the relaxation and the owners dog is very friendly.
The rooms are spotless, I found the bed comfortable, all the fitting's worked fine, ignore the last review, this is not a large cold modern hotel.
The staff are just perfect, and cannot do enough for you,, need money exchanging,,, no problem,,,, they will ride to the nearest exchange bureau with the best rates and bring the money back to you in a sealed enevelope.
House keeping is just as good and undertaken when it suits you,,,, breakfast is also of the highest quality and cooked for you whilst you wait, breakfast time is ,,,, when it suits you.
Overall a fantastic small tradition Hotel with a lovely owner and fantastic staff,, the only one problem was when it came time to depart,, which was a very early 4.30am,, J. Louis was on hand with free coffee and to wish me bon Voyage,, where else would you find that kind of service......

Room Tip: All bungalow rooms are perfect
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2016

This hotel used to be one of the best places to stay in Pattaya. It is still nice, but the facilities are dated over the years and need to be refreshed. The garden is still well maintained, but the rooms need work. The beds are not very comfortable, some of the hardwares are falling apart, woodwork and tiles need to be repaired.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

I could not help but to dedicate my first Tripadvisor review to Le Privé for it's impeccable service, location and comfort of stay.

Location: It's not far or too near from the walking street (not walking distance) but motorcycle rental and tuk tuk service is available in less than 2mins walk. Pharmacy and small restaurants are also very much accessible.

Not only that, Le Prive is only 8mins away from the famous Big Buddha Hill and ViewPoint (where the whole view of Pattaya is presented). I've also read that there's a really cool pub with live band playing classic blues nearby. I didn't manage to visit due to timing but reviews online seems positive. Should check it out.

Decor/Atmosphere/Feeling: Ultimately, the best part of Le Prive is its serene, unique, comfortable Thailand+Balinese setting (other than the amazing service provided by J.Louis and his staffs) that made the stay so memorable. When the private van (arranged by J.Louis with a fair price of 1500Baht for 6pax from U-Tapao Airport) you KNOW that this place would be a good one.

Well maintained flowers surrounded by thick lush greeneries, made the perfect view for the calm, clean swimming pool. When we reached our room - the Junior Suite, we saw attentively hung wordings of "Happy Birthday" surrounded by balloons and also rose petals in wordings on the bed with refreshments of juice and fruits. And that made us (especially my boyfriend, the birthday boy) very happy.

I travel to at least 6 countries a year and am extremely aware of the clear difference in establishments to "making an impression for best customer satisfaction" or "for the sake of providing the service upon request", it can be felt. I shall say I am truly impressed of the sincerity J.Louis have for his guests. You will feel at ease and at home.

Cleanliness is also impeccable. Other than Junior Suite we also booked the superior room for my family. Given the number of antics and decorative items presented in the room, it was cleaned and re-arranged everyday. My mum has OCD therefore when she say the room is clean, it IS very clean.

Just come visit! No regrets definitely

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank cindyng21
Reviewed 31 March 2016

We traveLLed as a big famiLy. My husband and I, our kids and my Mom and Dad. We stayed here for my daughter's birthday. We wished we wouLd have stayed Longer, apparentLy the whoLe resort was fuLLy booked, up the end of that week. Even my friend wanted to join us, but to no avaiL.

The owner, Mr Luy is very hands-on. Literally!! He is such a darling. He directed us to our room, taught us the "need to know" about the accommodation. He made sure that we feLt Like home, and indeed, we were.

Check-in:
The staff were extremeLy friendLy and very attentive. They let us into our room early and any request we asked for they did with a smile.

Rooms:
The resort has onLy 6 bungaLows. Thus you can image the extensive privacy. We booked 2 different kinds of accommodation, the Junior Suite and BungaLow Superior.

Both were Lovely, cLean and quiet with aLL the facitiies one could wish for. Mr. Luy aLso graciousLy showed me the room next to us, just before the guests arrived. It was as impressive. ALL bungaLows were a work of art. KeenLy decorated with expensive antique furnitures. Jaw Dropping, reaLLy!

PooL:
The size was just right. And there was a cLear division on where the deep part was. It was very cLean and crystaL cLear. There are bLue toweLs

The Resort Grounds:
The resort grounds are cLean, LoveLy and weLL-kept.

Pets:
Our 1.5-kiLo Pomeranian was aLLowed into the property WITHOUT a fee! The owner, Mr Luy pets 2 shih-tzu dogs. They are friendly, tick-free and extremeLy cute. There is aLso a HiLL Myna Bird. It's cage is strategicaLLy Located by the fountain. This smaLL bLack bird is known for its abiLity to mimic the human tone, pitch, voice, and copy on the voice of the owner or the trainer that works with it. It can speak Thai & French! My kids Loved the AdorabLe and Smart LittLe Birdy.

WIFI:
It's FREE, fast and aLL over the pLace. =)

CHECK-OUT:
Fastest check-out we've ever encountered. It was faster than a bLink of an eye. We even got a canned coke, but Mr. Luy didn't charge us. his words, "never mind, it's ok." SUCH A GENEROUS MAN!!!

WiLL we return?
DEFINITELY!!! This time, we wiLL tag aLong another famiLy, so we can occupy the whoLe pLace!!!!

LOCATION:
- it's on the Left-hand side, at the end of Soi 1, Thappraya Road in Pattaya

SLIGHT DOWNSIDE:
- The restaurant does not have a menu, because they do not have a cook.

- No breakfast is served. But, with an additionaL fee of not more than 300 Baht, you can choose a ContinentaL or American Breakfast PLatter.

Room Tip: Choose the Junior Suite! It's spacious and overLooking the pooL.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends