“Cayonning was good. But safety is an issue.”

Highland Sport Travel - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We will work together with you to build your dream vacation whether it be for a family adventurevacation, a honeymoon, a friends getaway or any other occasion.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked the mini cayonning option through our hostel (50$ each). We were picked up from our hotel and brought to the damalat waterfalls. You get good instruction how to handle the equipment and safely get down. So far so good.

Then you get to out on a wetsuit and climbing gear. And your watershoes( which they recommend you to bring). Then the tour starts. First you walk 15 minutes to the first cliff. You get short instruction but the instructors seem to have more fun with each other and especially have an competition to be the first group to end... We got told several times we should be fast fast fast (and go crazy). Proper information how to get down was not always clearly provided, it was sometimes a surprise how you have to get down.

From the first cliff you have to walk a jungle path to the next. This is a returning issue. In total you have to walk up and about 2 hour of the trip on slippery unsafe paths through the jungle or riverbed on watershoes(again on their recommandation).

At the end you get to Jump of a cliff. 7, 9 or 11 meters. For the highest you have to run of the cliff to make it far enough in to the water... they are a bit pushy to get you to Jump the highest which did seem the most unsafe in my opinion.

I have been cayonning in multiple countries. But this is the first time i felt unsafe. And also the first time i have to walk the ho chi min trails to get from the first to the second cliff. They delivered what they promised. But would not recommend you to go cayonning at all.

1  Thank Plagerberg
highlandsportravel, Người quản lý at Highland Sport Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear,
First i really thank for your feeback, it helps us alot to improve our services for our guests in future.
Second, I really want to know who was your guides who had given you not good services.
Third, There are 2 companys who have almost same name with us so just want to make sure you put the feeback on right company.
Best regards
lee

Write a ReviewReviews (1,195)
All reviews
in 12 reviews
"great tour"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve had an amazing day with Highland Sport Travel. Everything was well organised, the guides spoke English very well and we felt safe all the time. Also the lunch was great! If you’re in Da Lat you should go with these guys on an amazing adventure.

Before the trip I gave my phone to one of the guides so they could hold it safe for me. After the trip I totally forgot to ask back my phone and I realized this when I arrived in the hotel. Not many moments later I got a call from the lobby there was someone from the tour bringing my phone back!! Amazing service!

Thanks Monkey, Tin Tin and KD for the amazing day and if we are back in Da Lat some time we come to visit you again.

Dear
, Thank you very much for your feedback, it helps travellers know clearly about Highland Sport Trave, we will keep doing our good services for all travellers.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This day tour of canoying is amazing! It’s totally worth the money. It’s an exiting day tour, with beautiful waterfalls where you do abseiling. You jump from amazing cliffs and you slide yourself from a waterfall! The lunch is really good and the staff is really nice and really experienced! Would definitely recommend this to others if you want a nice exiting tour and amazing nature as well!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My friends and I did full option tour with Na, KD and Vincent. It was absolutely amazing. All of them were super friendly and supportive and we couldnt ask for better range of activities. I definitely recommend the tour for anyone and everyone. Go for the full option one. You get to experience and enjoy so much more and it really pays for itself. 가이드분들 모두 정말 좋으시고 모든 엑티비티들이 다 좋습니다. 친구들이랑 미친듯이 즐겼어요. 약간 겁있는 친구한명이랑 같이가서 놀려먹으면 더더욱 재밋어요

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend opted to do the countryside tour (cycling). It was well worth the money! Our guide Na was brilliant, his English was incredible and he was a really nice guy, you'd be lucky to have him. His knowledge of where we visited was really good too, so we learnt alot. The actual riding was really easy not mNy hills and mostly just downhill looking at spectacular views. Also we had lunch included which turned out to be a feast! I'd really recommend this company and Na to anyone visiting Dalat :)