“Tasty vegetarian options ”
Review of Huong Viet

Huong Viet
Ranked #7 of 373 Coffee & Tea in Hanoi
Price range: US$1 - US$3
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

Great food and lovely, kind and giving staff! Let us eat watermelon for free and use their private rest room. Lovely. Thanks from Australia!

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Unbelievable food!! Unbelievable service!! A lovely taste of local cuisine for a couple just landed in Hanoi

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed the food, great value and very tasty. Wifi and free watermelon. Plus they sell cigarettes!!! Would recommend a visit if you want local food at a good price.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

The food is delicious and the service is really good. I definitely recommend it of you want to try local food.

Reviewed 13 November 2016

I went to Huong Viet because a friend of mine wanted to go there since he saw the tripadvisor ranking. I love Vietnamese food but I'm a street food lover so I would not have gone there if I had to choose.

Anyway, the place was full of tourists which is why I knew from the beginning that I would not like this place much because when I'm in Vietnam (or anywhere else) I prefer being surrounded with local people to learn and try food like them. There is nothing better than street food, especially in Vietnam with their amazing food!

So, it's clearly a restaurant for tourists where you won't find any local people.

It was my first day back in Hanoi and I was craving for a Pho Bo which I ordered. It was ok but not the best pho bo you could try. The pieces of meat were not the best ones (too much fat) and the taste was not the "Pho Bo taste". There was actually almost no taste at all...

In overall, it's an ok place and the staff is really sweet but I would not recommend this place if you really want to experience the delicious Vietnamese food. :-)