“Discovering the hidden gems of Hanoi with Thanh”

Hanoi and Around with Thanh
Ranked #19 of 229 Food & Drink in Hanoi
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We spent an amazing afternoon discovering many hidden gems of Hanoi with Thanh including the best iced egg coffee, hand made lavender tea and savory pancakes. Thanh is a very well spoken and informative guide who demonstrates her passion for sharing her knowledge through authentic experiences beyond the usual tourist route. Our comprehensive tour included all taxis, food and drink for the duration of the tour with pickup/drop off. We explored a variety of places including flower and bonsai growers, local parks and cemetery, old railway bridges as well as key locations of political and architectural Vietnamese history. Highly recommend Thanh!

All reviews
"authentic experience"
in 8 reviews
"mask making"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend her tours"
"pottery class"
"local home"
"vietnamese students"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The day I arrived in Hanoi I had booked an intro to Hanoi with Thanh. However when I arrived my luggage was lost so the plan all went to pot! However, Thanh was great and messaged me the whole time and fit around my day.

She picked me up on her moped and we went off for hours, trying the different amazing coffees (egg coffee and condensed milk coffee), flower market, grave yards, Hoan Kiem Lake, long bien bridge, old quarter, sampled bun cha and pho ba and just had the loveliest day. Also visited locals homes and had a real bone touristy day in Hanoi

Highly recommend Thanh, she’s very flexible and a lovely, knowledgable person

Thank you Thanh!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I did a discovery tour around Hanoi with Thanh and it was amazing! I can’t recommend it enough. I could not think of a better way to experience the city of Hanoi. Thanh was a wonderful tour guide, she spoke great English and offered a wealth of knowledge about Hanoi history and culture as well as Vietnam in general. She offered great conversation topics and was very willing to answer any question I had. I felt like I really got a sense of this city as we toured old quarter, stopped in historical shops and buildings, visited a local family in their home, and ate amazing food along the way. I got to experience a side of Hanoi that I would not have been able to experience on my own. I would highly recommend booking a tour with Thanh, it will be a worthwhile memorable experience!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Thanh offers a huge variety of authentic experiences which brings a genuine richness to the memories of your trip to Vietnam! It brings you closer to the locals and the culture and lets you do something new at the same time! My partner and I (expats in Hanoi) did the knife-making class, which was amazingly good fun! I didn't think I'd have the strength to forge a knife, but the craftsman who Thanh brought us to was the friendliest and kindest fellow who showed us every single step and didn't let me shy away from the tough work! It was so interesting and satisfying to make something yourself entirely from scratch.. and I can keep it forever as a memory of this time. I know Thanh offers a multitude of tours all over Hanoi and I urge you, whether you're staying for just a few days or longer, she will help you to get an experience you won't forget!!