“Great street food”

Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Bun bo Nam Bo is marinating the beef, then comes making 'nuoc cham' and the pickled vegetables (shredded carrot and papaya). The pickled vegies is crispy, a little sour and a little sweet, which even makes me eat two bowls of the noodle at once. Remember to pickle the carrot (and papaya first, before marinating the beef) since it takes at least 1 hour to get a good flavor on the carrot.
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

The menu is limited to great street food. Quick service. Definitely recommend visiting while you are in Hanoi.

Date of visit: January 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,627)

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

I went after being recommended to go there by a friend and after reading the Lonely Planet guide and unfortunately I wasn't blown away as I expected to be. The server gave us menus then told us what we wanted to eat without giving us a chance to look. He was right, we did want the signature beef noodles in the end, but seriously just chill out and give us five! He was efficient and fast at serving, but no warmth from him. Food came out quickly which is good and it was pleasant. The place was completely full with both tourists and locals so I may be in the minority of people being underwhelmed by are Bun Bo experience. My friend and I happened to have stumbled on a lovely place about 5/6 doors down the previous night and the food was amazing and I wish I'd remembered the name of it as I'd recommend that in a heart beat. Bun Bo was pretty much get in, eat, get out, nothing special about the food or the experience.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

We ate here and loved it. The food was so fresh and delicious. We ordered the Bun Bo Nam Bo. It cost about $2.75 USD which is such a great price for what you get. The bowl is full of goodness and they make it fresh right in front of you. Bottled drinks are about 50 cents each. I have dreamed of this Bun Bo Nam Bo since I returned home. I wish I could have another bowl of it!!!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Not many choice on the menu.
But the dried beef noodle is very nice. Must try.
And the soup is quite nice too.
And they have little choices of spring roll or pork for the snacks.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

My only regret is that I went to Bun Bo Nam Bo for my last meal in Hanoi. If I had gone earlier in the trip, I definitely would have eaten there again! The only word to describe it is DELICIOUS! I look forward to future trips to Hanoi, and this will be at the top of our "must eat" list!

Date of visit: November 2017