“Fantastic Private Cooking Class”

Red Bean Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 2,808 Restaurants in Hanoi
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: Asian, Diner, Vietnamese, International
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Red Bean our vision is to become one of Vietnam's leading restaurant brands serving modern Vietnamese cuisine with high quality and innovative ideas but never forgetting the roots and value of true and authentic Vietnamese cooking. Our aim is to build a great reputation in the hospitality and restaurant trade. To help lead the way in creating inspirational dishes which keep true to Vietnamese
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I'm on a food research/learning trip for a restaurant project I'm undertaking in New York and so I've been to several cooking classes here in Hanoi and also in Singapore. This 3 hour class is the best I've had here in Hanoi.

My instructor was Chef Anh, she was knowledgeable and very professional. We started the class by being driven to the market in two separate tricycles which I thought was a very nice touch. She gave me a tour of the marketplace which was just amazing so many ingredients that you have to search high and low for back in the US all in one place.

We purchased some seafood/veggies/fresh rice noodles from street vendors and made our way back to the hotel on foot (which isn't far at all).

On the way back, she purchased for us to eat Vietnamese donuts (yum) and we stopped to get Vietnamese lime tea (which is sweetened Jasmine Tea with lime juice), soo refreshing!!

Once we got back to the Hotel where this restaurant is part of I found that the cooking station had already been laid out and prepped for us to start.

Items we made today: Pho Ga / Bun Cha / Seafood Green Mango Salad

Cooking classes I took at other restaurant son Hanoi skimmed the whole broth making process which to be honest is the most important part. So they already lost me upon that discovery. However Chef Anh was meticulous in showing the entire process from the charring of the onions/ginger/shallots to seasoning the broth. The result was so full of nuance and depth it has now made me a Pho Ga convert (I've always been a Pho Bo disciple previously).

I won't go into too much detail with the other dishes but they were all absolutely delicious.

This class is a little more expensive than others but it was worth every cent.

If you're looking for an amazing cooking class in Hanoi, this is the best

1  Thank Drew6128
redbean2014, Manager at Red Bean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear Drew6128,
Thank you for your detailed comments and I am pleased that you had a good time with the cooking class and everything else. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you're visiting again soon. Our staffs are always ready to help you with anything. Thank you and take care.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,882)

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Food is very good. We had the fixed menu which was a nice variety. Bar makes great cocktails. A nice quiet respite from the craziness outside.

Dear Octlt,
Thank you for your kind comments. I will be sure to let our staffs know how much of an impact they made on your experience. We are always pleased to be your second home when you're at the area. Take care.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We went for happy hour and ended up staying for dinner. Everything was of a very high standard in both quality and presentation. We both ordered a burger and it was very tasty and authentically European. The people ordered some Vietnamese dishes and they looked mouthwatering too. Would highly recommend.

Dear ruth420,
Thank you very much for sharing your dining experience as a lovely recommendation. It's definitely a boost for us every time we read positive reviews such as yours. We hope to welcome you back to our restaurant soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Tasty food, banana desert and glass of wine was the best. Presentation of pho is very nice. Waitress was really professional. Excellent value.

Dear Tomoko K,
It is our pleasure to have you in our restaurant. Thank you for all the lovely comments and great recommendation. We will keep doing the good job and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We came to Red Bean Restaurant for lunch and we were very happy with the food, we loved the beef Rossini, it was amazing! The service was great and we appreciated the recommendations of the Manager Tú as well as her well taking care.
Definitely recommend for the restaurant in town!!
Bella and Miguel

Dear Trang B,
We are still waiting for you to come back. Your lovely words about us means a lot. So thank you very much! It's definitely a boost for us every time we read positive reviews such as yours. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you're visiting again soon. Our staffs are always ready to help you with anything. Take care!

Been to Red Bean Restaurant? Share your experiences!