“Safe, comfy and exceeds expectations”
Review of Sapa Express

Sapa Express
Ranked #8 of 80 Transportation in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sapa is one of the most beautiful and famous in Viet Nam and in the world. Travel to Sapa by Bus is the best way to travel between Hanoi and Sapa. The travel time takes about 5 hours with our Luxury Open Buses. The bus fares are less expensive than train tickets. Sapa Express is the best choice for your trip.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

A very comfortable and relaxing journey that did not feel like 6 hours at all. The generous legroom, in particular, made it one of the best bus rides I have ever taken.

I was told to wait for pick-up at 6.30am to 6.50am but the bus was late and came only at 7.10am. But you will soon realise that pick-ups in Vietnam are usually always late for valid reasons. We were then transferred to the main limo bus to begin our journey. Staff helped with my luggage and gave me my assigned seat.

I had a window seat by myself and it was perfect. Our guide, Max, was humourous and informative. We were given a small welcome pack of bottled water, a snack and a wet wipe at the start of the ride.

We also had two rest stops in between. We were dropped off near their office in Sapa Town, near the town square and from there it was a very short walk to my hotel.

I really like the Express Bus. Very clean, worth the price and the comfort is truly top notch. I actually took the Eco Sapa VIP van back to Hanoi because I wanted direct pick-up and drop-off at my hotel, but I generally prefer the Sapa Express Bus, which is also cheaper and has much more legroom to stretch my legs.

1  Thank twiinklex
"reached sapa"
"rest area"
"nice bus"

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I had seen mixed reviews, and I know trips might vary, but I also wonder if the review depends on a traveler's level of comfort being in vehicles in developing countries, where lanes in the road are more suggestions than hard, fast rules. I felt much safer and more comfortable on the Sapa Express than expected - there were the typical moments of holding breath when passing vehicles, but the driver seemed to know the road culture, and the only trouble we had was when a motorbike literally jumped in front of the bus on a highway - the driver stopped safely, I barely felt my seatbelt, and nobody was hurt.

The buses were unexpectedly prompt. I also took the VIP seats (not a sleeper bus), which I prefer because they are roomier, don't feel trapped lying down, and are more like reclining first class airport seats. Totally comfy, and very worth the price.

For those maybe traveling to the region for the first time, just be aware, there will be times the driver will drive in a way no bus driver in America or the West probably would, but the locals also know best how to navigate the roads.

This driver seemed to drive reasonable speeds, but if it seems too fast for comfort, there was also a woman on the bus who spoke english and worked with the company who you could probably talk to if the driving really does seem dangerous.

1  Thank beeity
Reviewed 21 January 2018

This was my first overnight bus trip in Vietnam and I'm so happy I ended up on Sapa Express. We heard horror stories from other people once we were in Sapa of having cockroaches on their buses, or not having a bathroom when they were with different bus companies. Sapa Express was incredibly clean, the staff were very friendly, they kept you informed as to what was going on (eg. duration of the route, break times etc). I would recommend this company!

1  Thank Roxanne S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Red carpet and very psrsonalised service. Clean bus, spacious and relaxing. Safe driving. On time and very helpful witb tra sfers on to hotel. Keanu Phuong, the steward was simply a star. I would highly recommend especially when compared with other bus companies Ive tried in Vietnam!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member