“Best Spring rolls ever!”

Den Long - Home Cooked Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 4,041 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Description: Den Long Restaurant is a home cooked Vietnamese restaurant. We serve all the best traditional foods from regions of Viet Nam. With decoration is mixed between traditional culture and Indochina, we not only want to give our customers their delicious meal but also the culture of Vietnamese.
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

It is beautifully decorated on the inside and outside. The fresh spring rolls with tofu and marinated mushrooms are probably the best spring rolls I've Ever had :) The staff are so kind and polite too. So glad I decided to give this place a try. It is great. If you are in Saigon you must go :) ^-^

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Ordered a bunch of different things and shared, everything was tasty and perfect! Wish this restaurant was back home!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Tucked away store. Food was good, with the emphasis on healthy non greasy food. Portions are small so you have to order a lot. Therefore the bill at the end is higher. They add tax on later, not included in the price you see. Service was excellent, shop neat, clean and fresh.

Den_Long_SG, Manager at Den Long - Home Cooked Vietnamese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Gregory,

Thank you very much for coming with us last night and taking your time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor. We believe that your candid comments encourage us a lot to keep up the good work. Appreciate that.

We are really happy that you enjoyed the dinner in terms of food, service. You were totally correct about our food. Healthy but authentic. Small but good for share like tapas. About the Tax, we highlight on each individual page of the menu "10% of Tax will be Added on the Total bill" and our staffs repeated it again when they make some recommendation or take the order. I am so sorry if it made you unhappy. We are a licensed restaurant, authorized by the F&B Department and 10% of Tax is require by the department to ensure the cooking procedure, ingredients and it can not be found in small, unauthorized food court or street food in Vietnam.

All in all, thank you very much and we hope to have a chance to serve you more

Best Regards
Dave Nguyen
Manager.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

It is the second date of our trip. And we really want something a bit nice and fancy Vietnamese in town. So I TripAdvisor and here we go. Rate number 6 in town. The restaurant close at 10pm and we just walk in there at 930pm.the interior if the restaurant is super nice. Modern and classic.

Drinks.
Virgin Passion fruit mojito without sweet. You have to order it either sweet on side or no sweet at all coz the local have a crazy taste for sweet in anything. Without sweet is perfect cause the nature sweet from the passion fruit and ginger ale is good enough.

Coconut, super refreshing. It is better than the once I had in Thailand for sure.

Calamira . Tasty but not very surprised.
Tonkin flower with garlic. Tasty but a bit too salty.
Corn cake. Nice. They mixed with bit rice to make it more chewy . But it is a bit dry.
Coconut rice. My friend love it. I think is git great combination but the rice just cooked a bit too dry I think.
Rice roll with tofu. I mean we already super filled but rice roll is the classic dish for Vietnamese food. So I order it. It is alright. But if you dip it with the peanut sauce , it just way better.

The service here is amazing, they speak English better than normal waiter or waitress in town. The restaurant is cozy but very nice. So I would definably recommend to visit here when you are in town.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Delicious food and great, friendly service. Nicely decorated with lanterns. Soft shell crab was my favourite.

1  Thank katieritchie1000