“Do yourself a favor”
Review of Kasen

Kasen
Ranked #150 of 4,224 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Price range: US$22 - US$86
Description: Master Sushi Chef Shinji Murata of Hiko Sushi, Los Angeles finally brings his critically acclaimed sushi to Ho Chi Minh City. Kasen's chef's choice menu features the highest quality ingredients, refined washoku (food of Japan) technique, and the most delicate, warm rice. Enjoy Chef Murata's sushi with our selection of premier Japanese sakes, delicately sweet wines, and ice-cold specialty brews. The ground floor bar features savory finger foods and happy hour drink specials. Partake in the Shokunin experience at Kasen!
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We are foodies and have a few favorite restaurants in Europe that are etched in our memory. We are experienced sushi eaters some with a Michelin star. Kasen now belongs to our favorite restaurant and the sushi is the best we have ever had. Allso the tastiest sake I've ever drunk. Hosts that make your evening great. Here you find love and craftsmanship in their products and dishes. We will definitely be back.

Shu and daniel and staff thank you for the great fun evenings.You are now etched in our minds

3  Thank stephan v
Daniko8, Manager at Kasen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

I mean this with all my heart when I say it was such an honor to meet you and Mary! Both of you were such great customers, giving us your full trust in ordering your meal.

We were also so happy to have shown you Vietnamese street food the second night, and the staff also had a blast on the third and final night.

You will always be among our most memorable customers... I really do hope we can cross paths again some day. For now, we can look forward to meeting your son in August!

Forever appreciative,
Daniel

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I came here with some friend after long day trek. I'm picky eater and have allergy to beef and shrimp. I told staff and they took care of everything. They don't have big menu so I chose omakase 2. It's the most delicious sushi I have eaten. The fish is so delicate and rice so soft. No need tk eat with extra soy sauce. The wasabi was spicy and sweet and the ginger was white. Everything was balanced. My friends drank sake which smelled like flowers and tasted like sweet wine. I was so happy to try this new type of food. Thanks to my friends and thank you Kasen!

4  Thank Guide694210
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Having lived in New York and Tokyo, I feel that Saigon's sushi scene was missing a major piece until I found Kasen. Before talking about their signature omakase which is a relatively new sushi dining concept in Vietnam, I want to talk about the amazing appetizer session. Fusion styled, and very Los Angeles, you will find their Salmon Toast, Beef with Wasabi or Beef Taco at any upscale restaurants like the Nobu chain. However, even though the flavors are similar and the tenderness of the wagyu beef is the same, you are pay a small fraction of what you will have to pay at a Nobu or Nagazawa.

The omakase is so fresh and delicate. As compared with most other sushi restaurants in Vietnam, you will just simply pic from a fixed set of sushi, Kasen offers you the art of omakase, when the chef will personally selects and curates your seasonal sushi based on the time of the year. Moreover, the level of vinegar and the warmth of Kasen's sushi rice is just perfect, making Kasen on par with any upscale sushi place in Tokyo, where the temperature of the fish and the rice must be just about room temperature.

Overall, my experience at Kasen has been extremely pleasant and I will definitely come back and bring more friends in Ho Chi Minh.

5  Thank PaulN2998
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This is the best sushi restaurant in Saigon. I’ve been to all of them and there is nothing like Kasen.

The Japanese chef does wonders with the rice and fish. The sushi is so soft and delicious. I don’t know how they do it but nobody in Saigon can make sushi like this.

They have a very limited menu but they say their speciality is sushi and nothing else. The chef/owner spoke to us and said there are only 3 chefs in the world who can make this kind of sushi. I’m getting hungry thinking about the food.

3  Thank Cuaxu L
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Title says it all. If you like sushi this place will blow you away. Have you tried about half the menu so far and every single piece of fish was melt in your mouth delicious. If you are sake fan they also have some very hard to find and limited release sakes. My favorite restaurant in Saigon despite all of the amazing food here

5  Thank Ed O