Nam Long Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
PARKROYAL Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$105
US$85
Sanouva Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$47
US$43
US$167
US$159
InterContinental
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$116
Nikko Hotels
Rex Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$156
US$141
  • Breakfast included
Windsor Plaza Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$94
US$69
Agoda.com
Grand Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$116
US$96
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
The Reverie Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$246
US$201
US$71
US$63
  • Pool
Silverland Yen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$100
US$92
All reviewsbus companieshot waterelevatortoiletluggagetaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for one night only. The room was very good, the staff was very friendly too the only downside to the hotel was we could hear noise during the night. It could possibly be because of the position of our room maybe in a different room you wouldn't hear much. But due to the noise my review is 2 out of 5.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stuart F
Reviewed 21 February 2016

I was staying there for 2 nights.

(+): It's located in the center of the busiest quartier of Saigon & there is an elevator in this hotel.
(-): The cleanliness of the room & balcony need to be improved.

Room Tip: elevator in the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank tiamo t
Reviewed 16 November 2015 via mobile

So, we had a stay at Nam Long Hotel and booked a private room. With a private room, we didn't expect to have to put our valuables in the safe in the reception (as there is no safe in the rooms!).
I had 2,4 million dong, 30 usd and a few hundred bath left from Thailand which was in a small pouch, in my bag, in my room. When we got back to the room, all money was gone. They hadn't taken any cameras or stuff like that, only the money which is harder to prove stolen.
When I went to talk to reception they kept prolonging my possibility to watch the security tapes. When the manager got there the next day he all of a sudden couldn't remember the password for the cameras. I ended up in a bit of a heated argument with him where he got mad at me because I wanted to see the footage. At the end I saw the footage and could se 2 people had been on out private balcony, but he told us that it was shown to a guest.

Long story short,
DON'T STAY HERE!! They care nothing for their customers.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tim F
Reviewed 12 November 2015

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and both times I have found it to be fine. It is not 5* but then you are also not paying top dollar. The rooms are cleaned daily (no matter what time you leave) the showers have good water pressure and the water temp is fine. The water drains slowly but it does drain.

The sheets are clean although some are a little threadbare. The hotel does laundry for the same price as you pay in most places in D1. The staff are friendly and honest (I left a 1000 dong note on the floor on day two and when i came back that evening it was on the bedside table next to the phone.

The only negatives for me are:
1) The wifi is terrible - but about average for hotels in D1
2) The windows (in the rooms with windows) leak when exposed to the massive thunderstorms that Saigon experiences from time to time.

Room Tip: The lift only goes to the 6th floor so the 7th requires a flight of stairs (and a low ceiling)
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Diver71au
Reviewed 23 October 2015

the room was sort of clean! they had 1 double bed and 1 large single bed in the room which did not allow you enough space to get to the fridge or the desk type thing they had ,I also could not get to the closet if I climbed over the single bed I could get to the closet but i was not able to open the door properly, if the double bed was the only one it would have been um OK ! The hot water worked in the shower, i had my laundry done, i had to ask for it as it was not delivered on the time agreed to and i received it back wet ? i paid $20 a night for two of us which included a fixed menu breakfast 1 fried noodles 2 toast and jam 3 ? 4 was a omelette which was ok with a soft drink or hot tea it was OK, if you walked to the next few hotels you get better rooms with breakfast for same or better price! it was the first hotel i looked at after a long trip from phnom penh , we did not stay there the next night and i would not stay there again

Room Tip: look else where there are a lot of better hotels guest house with in a minutes walk
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple