“Better to have room on the upper floor”
Review of Oscar Saigon Hotel

Oscar Saigon Hotel
Ranked #166 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 6 January 2018

We checked in at midnight. There was only one staff (looked like a security guard) in the front desk. He gave us the key card as once. I found that the room was on the 2nd floor. I asked whether we can have a room on the upper floor because I did request it by email after booking. However, the staff said that there was no room with window left on the upper floor. We just have to accept that. The lift is small and slow. The room faced the Nguyen Hue Street. The street lights were too bright that made me hard to sleep. We asked for a change of room in the next day. The staffs were very helpful and arranged another room on the 5th floor for us. It is really better to stay on the upper floor.

We had breakfast in the restaurant on the 11th floor.The view of the restaurant was great. The quality of food was on average. I think the choice of drinks can be improve. There were only mulberry juice or watermelon juice in the 1st morning, and mulberry juice or passion fruit juice in the 2nd morning . I think orange juice or apple juice would be more universal.

We are invited to a New Year countdown party hosted by the hotel. We appreciate the arrangement. After check out, we stored our luggage in the counter. The bellboy was really nice.

The location of the hotel is really great. We can walk to many attractions conveniently.

I think the hotel can improve by renewing the furniture and making the room more modern. Moreover, the WiFi need to be more stable.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Had my worse night in this hotel after travelling through Vietnam for just over a week staying at different hotels. The bed was hard and sagging in the centre. Asked to be changed and given an option between twin beds (for a couple) and a so called deluxe room where the bed wasn't much better. The staff are helpful and language is also a challenge however the hotel as seen it's better days and should be revamped.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We booked this place knowing it is in the heart of the city, during NYE and that performances will be happening right outside our window. We wanted to be close to all the things in the city so we chose this place.

Our room only had one window but it felt like we had the windows open, (and had no walls) for that matter. There was music playing out on the street till around midnight and we could hear it loud and clear from our room. We didn’t mind the sound, but this was over the top loud. No blocking of sound at all.

This place also feels lost in time. I stayed in 3 different hotels while in HCM around the same location and this was the most expensive and most run down one of the lot. The place is very clean but there were no lights in our room, only lamps, the shower is the shower/bath tub get up with a plastic shower curtain and the items in the mini bar were pretty expensive.

If you’re looking for something super close to the city and don’t really mind how the hotel looks, this is the hotel you’d want to be in but if you’re looking for a more luxurious hotel that’s only a couple of streets away from the city centre thats cheaper, there’s a few others you should check out.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We only booked a room to hang out in the afternoon before our night flight and it was very cheap and clean. It was ideally located within walking distance of shops.
Our room's window did not open out to anything but a wall about 15cm distance from the window, so if that's important to you, double check your room.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

How come a 4-star hotel not serve the napkin in the hotel room? I asked for napkin and they bring me the toilet paper. Unbelievable . Not mentioning i called to recept with that request but recept aksed me to dial 1 to room service at number 2. I called room service who then asked me to call house hold service. What a "HELL" service! I even got treated better at the hostel. Will never back here again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo