Spring Hotel
Ranked #133 of 467 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This hotel gives you all the basics for a bargain price :the rooms are large, light and well-equipped (including wi-fi) and the bathrooms are excellent. The reception staff are friendly and competent. Best of all, the hotel is situated in a relatively quiet area adjacent to the main downtown area. I shall happily stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank johankusch

Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed here for a few hours in between flights - we had a 7 hour layover during the day. It looked clean, shower was good, staff was friendly.
The thing that annoyed me was that we paid $16 for an airport pickup and they ended up putting us in a taxi that cost about $6 on the meter and charging us $16 anyway. Then, on our return to the airport, they arranged a taxi for us for about $7.50 even though again, the meter read $6. Not a big deal, but sort of annoying. Also, the room was about $15 more expensive by booking directly through the hotel than by booking through agoda. Again, not a big deal, but by the time we left, we feel like the hotel had ripped us off by more than $25.
However, I would still say the place is in a good location - try the French restaurant - le bouchon de saigon - around the corner! And MySpa is also just a block away.
Also, there was a very large, noisy family staying beside us and we could hear them, but I don't know that this would be a problem if they weren't there.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I and my two daughters stayed here in September, 2011 for 5 nights as our first stop of a two-month stay in Vietnam. Airport pickup was there and friendly at 10:30 p.m. Our room was nicely made up but had a dead beetle on the floor. The staff was friendly and really nice to my daughters, ages 10 and 12. The air conditioner made my throat hoarse. The location is phenomenal. You could not want for a better location for the price. Unfortunately, I got shocked from the shower, a big shock that ran down my whole arm while adjusting the shower head. I thought it might be a one-time thing, so let it go. Then my daughter got shocked from the sink while using the water, so I reported it to the front desk, asking for another room. The result of this complaint was a very young maintenance guy coming into our bathroom, rolling up his pant legs, running water into the tub, and proceeding to touch every stainless steel item in the bathroom with his feet in the bathtub water, showing me to be sure I noticed, then proclaiming there was no problem. I went down to the front desk again and said these shocks were not my imagination, and they said they would change our room the next day to the room across the hall. But by that time I was ready to move on as we only had one day left of our reservation and no possibility to extend. Maybe we just got a bad room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here over New Year just recently. We opted for the 'first class double' for $50 a night. When we got there they tried to give us a slightly dungeon-like windowless room on the 8th floor but we had requested a room with a window so they moved us to one on the 5th floor which had a great view (definitely make sure you ask for a room with a window). The room itself was simple and clean with air-con. Basically it was fine for $50. The bathroom wasn't amazing (leaky shower and dodgy flush on the toilet) but again fine for a few days.

Breakfast was fresh fruit plus coffee or juice with a choice of various egg-based breakfast options (omlette etc) or you could go for the pho noodle soup if you wanted. It was a basic but nice breakfast.

Really, the standout points about this hotel were:
a) The service was friendly and helpful - they booked all of our train tickets from HCMC up to Danang, then Danang to Hue, Hue to Hanoi and had them delivered to the hotel. This saved us a lot of hassle. They also booked our Cu Chi trip which was great fun (we went with Delta travel where you can take a boat there and a bus back).

b) The location was really good for walking around the centre - you can easily walk to Ben Thanh market and the War Remnants Museum and also Dong Khoi street.

c) They have a really nice roof terrace which has great views of the city and is a nice place to chill out after walking around.

There is a Japanese restaurant called Daikoku just opposite which does delicious maki rolls although I did discover a shard of broken glass in my green tea ice cream so beware!!

Overall Spring Hotel is a good reliable budget option in the centre of HCMC with really helpful and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a window
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank weaselcoffee
Reviewed 9 January 2012

It is all about location. Some of the most luxurious hotels are nearby and for about 50 $ you get that location in Spring hotel. Rooms are a bit old, especially bathrooms aren't top class. Staff is more or less friendly, breakfast can get boring (omelletes all the time, no extra bread), but overall it's a good deal in HCMC.

Room Tip: Higher floors and back side
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends