All reviews great location pho fresh fruit room safe backpacker area rooms are large ben than market opera house mekong delta small hotel cu chi tunnels war museum vietnam street saigon key usd
Reviewed 3 March 2012

A nice hotel, clean rooms, simple breakfast with not too many choices (can be a good thing !), good location and attentive staff. The only con I could I would raise is that one of the doorman kept asking me (a single, male traveller) if I wanted a masage in my room (wink, wink, nudge, nudge !). Back in the late 60's and 70's this was the norm in SE Asia, but even then while I always refused it was always a bit quirky and somehow amusing. Now it's 2012 and I'm in my late 50's I find it somewhat offensive and am even a little embarassed.
The airport transfer was excellant, timely and good value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BrianP660
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The location of that hotel is just perfect. You are between 5 to 10 min walking to the most important sites to visit. Apocalyps Now is about 5 min from there. Even the War remnant Museum is accessible by walking. On that area you will easily find the Binh Tanh Market for low prices. If you need some electronics the Tax free Shop on Le Loi is the place to visit, and a little bit further, the Backpacker area, Pham Ngu Lao and all his perversions.... Spring Hotel is the opposite of a Backpacker place in the most attractive and entertaining area of Saigon. Here Streets are Not Crowded and you can walk safely between a hundred average prices boutiques and Restaurant. If you like (or Need ) Shopping. don't hesitate.. 44 Le Than Thon. Warmly welcomed son arrival, the really helpful staff will help you with pleasure and smile when they have to assist you on any of your requests. This family run place have will delight you every morning with breakfast for all travelers. Room are more than clean, beds a big and the towels smell like home made laundry. Good value for a good price and the smile is free.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank IanEDO
Reviewed 12 February 2012

booked thru agoda and got a great deal. the hotel itself is in a good location not far from the activities. the room we had was big but the here are a couple cons I noticed after the 3rd night. the breakfast is the same same. no change in the fruit you get, not water to drink in the rooms. But really it is quite from the hectic streets so worth it if you can get a deal.

Room Tip: all rooms that I know are good but the deluxe one we had was great but the tv is in the bedroom and the seating area is away... not sure that makes sense.. but good overall.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This hotel gives you all the basics for a bargain price :the rooms are large, light and well-equipped (including wi-fi) and the bathrooms are excellent. The reception staff are friendly and competent. Best of all, the hotel is situated in a relatively quiet area adjacent to the main downtown area. I shall happily stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank johankusch
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed here for a few hours in between flights - we had a 7 hour layover during the day. It looked clean, shower was good, staff was friendly.
The thing that annoyed me was that we paid $16 for an airport pickup and they ended up putting us in a taxi that cost about $6 on the meter and charging us $16 anyway. Then, on our return to the airport, they arranged a taxi for us for about $7.50 even though again, the meter read $6. Not a big deal, but sort of annoying. Also, the room was about $15 more expensive by booking directly through the hotel than by booking through agoda. Again, not a big deal, but by the time we left, we feel like the hotel had ripped us off by more than $25.
However, I would still say the place is in a good location - try the French restaurant - le bouchon de saigon - around the corner! And MySpa is also just a block away.
Also, there was a very large, noisy family staying beside us and we could hear them, but I don't know that this would be a problem if they weren't there.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple