“Best banh khot in Saigon!”

Banh Khot Co Ba Vung Tau
Ranked #1,392 of 3,569 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: not too sure about the information, but they said that this is the restaurant that started the vietnamese rice spring rolls. can't believe they're not listed on tripadvisor.
Reviewed 9 December 2014

Found this restaurant through a friend's suggestion and it becomes my fav spot. Having tried many variations of Banh Khot I must say this was one of the best in town. The base is crunchy yet melted in mouth. Herbs to have with look fresh and clean. Wrap it with herbs and dip in sweet fish sauce, yummy!

The restaurant is clean and maintained well. Prices are resonable. For all these great points, I definitely would come here again.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

I had dinner here with five other people from my tour group on our last night in Ho Chi Minh City. We sat in the upstairs dining room. We received excellent customer service. In fact, we lingered past the restaurant closing time and the wait staff were patiently waiting for us to leave, instead of kicking us out. The food was great. I wish I had discovered this place a day before; I probably would have come back to eat here again.

1  Thank CCC_wanderlust
Reviewed 28 November 2014

Coming way out of my way to stay on the “Bourdain Trail”, I found myself at Co Ba. Having tried other variations of Banh Khot I must say this was one of the best. The serving size is quite large, the place is clean, and the prices are right. If you want “street food” in Saigon in a clean restaurant setting, this is the spot.

1  Thank Marc U
Reviewed 9 October 2014

This was the first time I took my friends here. We wanted to try something traditional so I recommended Vietnamese pancake called Banh Xeo. We ordered two portions, one with seafood, one with mixed things. For the drink we ordered one Rau Ma juice (kind of herbs), 1 pineapple juice, 1 custard-apple juice and 1 sapodilla juice. We waited for about 15 mins and get the two bigs one and the drinks. We asked them to cut them into pieces, the waiter and waitress were so briskly, they wore former traditional Vietnamese costume. We really enjoyed the pancakes, the atmosphere was also nice, we loved this restaurant. The bill was 293.000vnd for all. I saw it is acceptable.

Reviewed 5 September 2014 via mobile

Three of us ate here after our hotel manager recommended it but we were pretty disappointed. My companions ordered two strawberry juices but got melon juice instead, which was disgusting. We would have changed them but the waitresses didn't speak English so we saved ourselves the fuss and just bought other drinks. The food was alright but nothing special. My pineapple juice was nice but there was too much ice and they charge you more if you ask for it without ice. Seemed relatively clean but, as with a lot of places in SE Asia, there were ants crawling all over the table. On the plus side, it's very cheap. We had three meals and six drinks for less than £10.