“No different than Benihana”

Kobe Teppanyaki Restaurant
Ranked #403 of 4,148 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Price range: US$10 - US$90
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The chain restaurant Kobe Teppanyaki has finally arrived in Vietnam for the first time with the best of Japanese Teppanyaki cuisine. With 10 VIP rooms have been specially designed by our Japanese designers. You can enjoy our premium Kobe beef, fresh seafoods and full range of sushi and sashimi in a luxury and cozy atmosphere.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is located on a quiet little street. The food is gloriously average and the price too high for what they give. Won’t go back again.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

We were provided an entire room for only two of us. The staff was very attentive and the atmosphere is beautiful.
The restaurant is occupying a beautiful colonial villa, which magnificently adds to the atmosphere. The windows were open and the air in the evening was nice.
The food was good, but provided we are in Vietnam, the country where fresh seafood is everywhere, food in kobe was nothing outstanding, but a good teppanyaki food.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

While I’m not sure if the Kobe was an A5, it was still really good. All in all a good meal, with the ‘kobe’ beef set coming in at a pretty reasonable price. The appetizer salad with salmon was also excellent.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

We waited for almost an hour to be served without a word from any staff there. We booked a table at 8:15pm and waited for 25 mins to be seated, another 30 mins for our first dishes to be served. The staff kept running in and out without saying any thing until I complained that we have been waiting for quite some time, then they just said sorry because they were so busy and that's it, not even telling me when the food can be ready. Really bad experience !

2  Thank Nguyen P
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Sorry to say that it didn't live up to our expectation.

We had not reserve any seats because we just found the comment from TripAdvisor was not bad, therefore we walked in to try this restaurant.
After waited about 5-10mins, staff arranged a private room to us.
Staff were nice.
We ordered 2 sets for 2person, one Kobe beef set VN660,000 & one salmon set VN620,000.
We were disappointed by the cooking way of the chief because all dishes were too oily and lack of original flavour of the ingredients.
The ingredients they used were not bad. Traditional Teppanyaki should be cooking in a fast and accurate way, however we just experienced a rush dinner with seeing the chief killing the prawn awkwardly.
We tried Teppanyaki in Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan which were good and traditional, but for this restaurant in HCMC, ummmmm.... sorry to say, we will not come next time.

Minh L, Owner at Kobe Teppanyaki Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear Nico C,

I am fully regretted that you did not have a good experience at Kobe Teppanyaki restaurant. By the way, I thank you for your review as this will help me to understand more on how my staffs were doing during peak hours. And this will help me to overcome this problem and ensure that this will not happen again to any of my customers in the future. With our motto is: Always thriving to deliver the best services and foods quality to customers. Hence, your review is definitely a very useful review for us to improve.

If you are still staying in Ho Chi Minh for sometimes, please leave me your email address and I will send you a special invitation to our restaurant.
In case, you want your email to be confidential, then please send me an email to my address: leonard.minh.le@gmail.com

Thanks & regards,