“Bacon butty, yummy!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I've been travelling for almost 2 years & it's very difficult to find good bacon. It's a very simple restaurant, but great sandwiches, bagels & fresh juice & very cheap, only $2 for a classic bacon sandwich. Really enjoyed this place, ate breakfast here every day

2  Thank Jen00123
Taylorchristian, Manager at The Hungry Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you very much for visiting The Hungry Pig. Your review makes everyone here very happy :).

Safe travels.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

The sandwiches do what they say on the box. Really good bacon sarnie, so good in fact I had two ! I could not fault the food, bacon really well cooked, fresh bread and very good salad in it. The only slight gripe was the staff who spoke very good English and were very smiley spent a lot of time on mobile phones not checking to see that the customers were being looked after. A definite must not only for expats but blissful beautiful bacon butties for all

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I live in Saigon and my wife and I are keen to support new ventures, especially those specialising in home-comfort food which we all like now and then. We'd read the good reviews about this place and went along on Saturday morning for some late breakfast. We were the only customers and the staff were bright and friendly as we ordered from the easy to follow menu. I plumped for a curious self-selected panini with maple bacon, gouda cheese, onion, avocado and cranberry. Ugh you might say but I've had it in the past and enjoyed it. Sadly, on this occasion it was grim. It looked nice on the outside of the panini but not under the surface and after it was heated up - to excess - was a congealed mess. I couldn't taste the avocado or the cranberry, the cheese was sparse and the bacon was stringy. I didn't enjoy it at all. My wife had a plain bagel with bacon, which was also disappointingly stringy and chewy. She was expecting crisp and crunchy bacon with smell and flavour but sadly no. Never mind. As I say, the staff were friendly, the idea is a good one but we won't be rushing back.

2  Thank RobWinfieldChislett
The_Hungry_Pig, Manager at The Hungry Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your experience at The Hungry Pig.

I am amazed that you didn't like our Bacon! You are the first.

Thank you very much for coming down and showing your support and I wish you and your wife the best of luck.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The staff are really friendly they keep smiling, it makes the place really pleasant. The concept which is "you make your own sandwich" is a good idea. The food is really good but a bit expensive. Compared to the traditional "ban mi" that you can buy everywhere on the streets, it's 2 time more expensive as an average.

1  Thank Dylan E

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

You are correct we do cost more than the "Banh Mi" which you get on the streets.
A couple of reasons why:

Banh Mi bread is usually made with Bromate which is carcinogenic. We use high quality french baguettes made with no preservatives.

Banh Mi's contain laughing cow cheese! We use Mozzarella from New Zealand, Cheddar from the U.K and Brie from France.

Banh Mi's contain the poorest quality of market meat (a lot of which is unsafe). We cure our own Bacon which we source from an ethical supplier.

Not to mention the nice staff, atmosphere, music and cleanliness.

Thank you for coming down and I hope that shed's some light on why we cost more than a Banh Mi from the roadside.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This place does great bacon butties. That's it.
The menu isn't diverse enough for me and I actually found the decor a bit like a factory i.e cold and unwelcoming.
I gave a 5 though as most bacon/food in this dirty city is disgusting and this was a welcome find to stove my hunger pains and realign the acidity of a gut used to european food and hygeine levels.

Thanks