“Fabulous foodie tour”

Hue Flavor - Street Food Tour
Ranked #6 of 45 Food & Drink in Hue
More attraction details
Owner description: The tour is to explore the culinary and real local street food of Hue which is cooked by the local people in Hue city. We use bikes or cyclos to visit the daily life and stop at many famous street restaurants selected to enjoy Hue street food and learn about Hue cuisine culture.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

in 5 reviews
"history"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We spent a beautiful afternoon with Thom, it's not only a sampling and tasting tour, but a real experience of the vietnamese day to day.
Thom explained us how the importance of each food elements are.

On the other hands, during the tour, you can visit Hue from another point of view. (cycle tour)

Highly recommended

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Myself and 5 friends took this tour with Thom and we all had a great time.He is very informative and safe during the tour and takes you to clean places and offers sanitized wipes with each meal.He also gives you a little history of each dish.And getting to be chauffeured around in a cyclo to and from each place for 4 hours makes you feel like royalty.Highly recommend

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

2 nights ago 3 of us did a good tour with Thom's company. It was fantastic! Thom was very well organized, and informative. We learned a lot about food preparation and some of the philosophy that underlies combinations of ingredients. A huge somewhat unexpected bonus was travelling around both old and new Hue by cyclo - it gave us a chance to really look around and admire this city at a leisurely pace! We toured the food section of the market which was really interesting and Thom took us to some little out of the way eating spots we'd never have discovered on our own. I would highly recommend booking a tour with Hue Flavor as soon as you arrive - it would be a great introduction to Hue!
Brenda Grant - from Canada

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 February 2018

I've been on a few food tours in SE Asia and this one was tops! I really enjoyed the relaxing cyclo ride, fun way to see the city. In addition to exploring the local specialities, we took a tour of the market from a food perspective. I've been lots of markets this trip, but I really enjoyed Mr Thom's explanations of everything. I was lucky that I was the only one on this trip, so I had a private tour! I also appreciated that while we tried lots of local specialities, he didn't go out of his way to give us the weirdest stuff out there as has happened on other tours (giant snails, heart/aorta, etc). Everything was unique and delicious, and he gave lots of history and context to everything, which was much better than many other food tours I've tried. His English is flawless. Mr Thom was very professional and personable. Everything about this tour is excellent, I highly recommend it.