“Tasty Aztecs Palace!”

Cactus Restaurant
Ranked #178 of 922 Restaurants in Yerevan
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Having been once to Mexico, one wants to be back there again. The fierce heat of the sun, desert and prickly cactus are not the only highlights of the country; it has many wonders to offer, like the mariachi playing guitars, gorgeous dark beauties who entertain the local macho with their flamenco dances. Mexico is the country of tequila, most exotic cocktails, and inexperienced emotions.Having opened in May 2000, the first Mexican restaurant in Yerevan soon became one of the most frequented spots in the city. Over the years, the restaurant has hosted a variety of festivals, has won at several contests, thus earning a great reputation among the city residents, mass media, politicians, show businessmen and tourists. Jovial Mexican spirit catches one’s eye upon entering the restaurant. Warm and cordial welcome, nice interior and lively atmosphere, filled with the tunes of Mexican and Latino music devour you in the air of fiesta. High-quality service, live music, and nice surprises are as entertaining as ever.We boast the richest bar in the country that offers you a great variety of spirits and soft drinks, distinguished and exclusive cocktails, made by the best barmen in the world, winners of international contests. Our Mexican corner welcomes you with its car parking, free delivery, broadband internet, and plenty of other surprises.
Reviewed 11 February 2020

This restaurant is sort of a Aztecs palace, even nicer, the food is very authentic and the flavors are exquisite.

Came here for lunch on a Sunday, the place is fairly big and ample enough for groups. The waitress Gohar sat us down as soon as we walked in and was very attentive our entire visit. We ordered our drinks and tried the Spanish Lemonade which was my favorite! So good very rich in flavor and the perfect amount of sweetness. I also tried the Mojito which was also on point. We also had the guacamole and chips which was really good thee guacamole was made fresh.

For my main dish I ordered beef tacos and Onion rings. The beef tacos here are a must have! It had quality meat cooked to perfection and the tortillas were fresh handmade flour tortillas! They were so good and soft. They serve their tacos with rice, a black bean spread and cheese and they're a little bigger than your typical tacos so they were very filling. They have a number of sauces each one very delicious but my favorite was the spicy salsa. My son had a cheese quesadilla with beef and that was also really good he got the adult size although they do have a kids menu but my kid can eat so the adult size was more than filling. They also have desert which is nice! I had the Chocolate Brownie here and I was happy to see it was homemade and not the store bought kind. The flan was thick, rich and creamy and came with a dollop of ice-cream which was divine!!!

Overall my experience here was great! I would definitely come back and there seemed to be a lot of regulars there so this place is definitely doing something right! Service was fantastic, the waitress was super sweet and although it was a little busy she was very attentive. 5/5 recommend!

Date of visit: January 2020
CactusRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Cactus Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2020

Dear Ben,

What a pleasure to hear such a kind review about us. Thank you indeed for taking your time to leave so detailed feedback. Our staff always do its best to satisfy the needs and expectations of our guests.

We will be happy to host you and your kind family soon to taste many other delicious and authentic Mexican dishes at our place.

Be back!

Cactus RestaurantTeam

Write a reviewReviews (173)

Reviewed 17 December 2019

Got a taco and carne asada fries here. I haven't had carne asada fries since my college days and this place satisfied my cravings.

Date of visit: December 2019
CactusRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Cactus Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2019

Dear Guest

Thank you for your responsiveness. University years always awaken interesting and sweet memories. We are glad that we were able to wake up your memories.

Sincerely
Cactus restaurant team.

Reviewed 12 December 2019

I was there a few days ago. I'll just say, this is a nice place where you can relax completely, break away from reality, there is no glamour. As they say, beauty is in the simplicity. I like this restaurant so much

Dear Ivanovna

Thank you for your feedback, it was very nice to know that you liked our restaurant. Come to us again in the near future, we will be very happy to see you again as our guest.

Sincerely
Cactus restaurant team

Reviewed 10 December 2019

The burito and stuffed jalapeno were outrageously good. I'm not one to frequent the same restaurant, but I could go back here everyday for the rest of my life. 10/10, no questions asked.

To whomever owns this fine establishment, thank you for bringing heaven to earth. I mean Mexican heaven ;)

Date of visit: November 2019
CactusRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Cactus Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2019

Dear Pitterlarsen

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We were very pleased to know that we could please you and become a restaurant where you can instantly stop by and rest.

Cactus restaurant team

Reviewed 9 December 2019

We've always wanted to try this highly recommend restaurant. It's conveniently located in the centre of republic.
The atmosphere is great and the service good, but the food has some difference from mexican authentic foods. Nevertheless, I'd definitely return.

Dear guest

Thank you for your kind review, it is so important for us. We always do our best for our lovely guests.

Cactus restaurant team.