“Amazing price-value relation and very helpful manager - check the distance to the metro”
Review of Safran Hotel

Safran Hotel
Ranked #21 of 116 Hotels in Baku
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We have been here for one night and were very happy with our choice.

The manager was very friendly and helpful in every matter we had.
The shuttleservice worked excellent.
The room were confortable and absolutely top for this price!
The walking distance is OK - check GoogleMaps. We did not use the breakfast so I cannot tell about the quality etc.

I'd definitely come back again and can recommend it if you are fine with the distance to the metro (we were).

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Анар А, Управляющий at Safran Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear Guest!

It is always a great honor to read such great reviews, thank you for taking the time to share this on TripAdvisor!
It will be my pleasure to share your comments with our team!
Thank you also for paying special attention for the location of the hotel and for the staff!
We sincerely hope that you will visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back!

Anar Agayev

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Not sure how this hotel received a 4 star rating. Arrived at the hotel to be greeted by two surly women who took our passports and handed us a key. When I asked for my passport back and they replied, go to your room and we will send, I refused and eventually we given them back. Room was huge and clean but poorly designed and looked like something out of the Soviet Union decade. None of the desk staff spoke English of an adequate level, when you asked simple question like can we have another pillow, we received blank stares. We booked for a non smoking room but it stunk of smoke when we arrived. But pointless to complain as no one spoke English. The shower cubicle was broken and leaked.everywhere The towels etc we often torn and tatty. You either froze because the air con blew straight onto the bed. No kettle supplied. Breakfast basic and nothing like milk, butter etc child and bread was dried up in the heat. So we gave up on the breakfast after the second day and headed for the city centre. No security at all. Pretty poor show.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to share your impressions on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Safran Hotel.
I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve only the highest level of quality, service and hospitality and I truly regret that we fell short on our goals. I would like to extend my most sincere apologies. I have shared your comment with our F&B Manager to understand what happened on the breakfast as this is not the feedback we generally receive, yet I am appreciative that you brought it to our attention as it is unacceptable.
I really value your feedback and hope that you will contact me so we can further discuss about your experience. My contacts: e-mail: anar.agayev@safranhotel.az or cell +99450 616 06 01.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Anar Agayev

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Room very tired, not particularly clear. Safe not fixed to anything, balcony door did not lock and main door left open cleaners. As no-one seemed to understand what they had done got no response or apology.
Breakfast the same every day but ok and does have wifi everywhere.
It was somewhere to stay but definitely didn't feel very safe. About 35/40 minute quick walk to 28 May.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest!

Thanks for alerting us to these shortcomings.
We try to provide always the best service, but as you see sometimes things go wrong. We work upon ourselves and will be very happy if you will give us another chance.
I’m sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations.

Kind regards,

Anar Agayev,

Reviewed 2 July 2017

This hotel is a long way from the old city and main attractions. However thats not really the real problem. The rooms are huge but curiously configured with 2 beds crammed into a room next to an ensuite (only a shower for which a lot of functions didn't work) and then a huge room with a table with 4 chairs (were we going to have meetings ). No mini bar and very limited TV channels (Global China Network anyone). No kettle in room either. Quite a few shops and restuarants nearby but limited take out. Staff spoke little English. More to be endured than enjoyed.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mark!
Thank you for your staying with us. Unfortunately you didn't enjoy our hotel. We are continuously working on providing our guests with the highest service levels. Your comments regarding our service colleagues have been shared with the team and we will do the best to deliver the very highest standards of service to our guests.

Anar Agayev,

Reviewed 5 May 2017

I stayed in Safran Hotel for 4 nights in April 2017. Overall the hotel is centrally located close to the metro and Ganjlik mall. I was offered a free airport pickup due to which I was not required to change money at expensive money changers at the airport. The staff is exceptional especially Mr. Sabri who is very prompt in responding to any queries via email prior to booking. He went out of the way by going to the store with me to ensure I was not overcharged while purchasing the local SIM card. Furthermore, he gave me honest advice on traveling economically and offered a very good price for the tour to Gobustan(however due to time constraints I decided not to take the tour). In short I am completely satisfied and would definitely stay here and recommend this property to everyone traveling to Baku.

Room Tip: Value for Money, Good location