“Bread and ambience, a first for dhaka.”

Holey Artisan Bakery
Ranked #2 of 20 Dessert in Dhaka City
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Holey Artisan Bakery was born from passion. It all began with Lillian's longing for real bread and so her husband Porag took action. He joined forces with Sadat, a close friend and the owner of the best restaurant in Dhaka, Izumi and they brought Mr. Maurice, Baker Maestro, the magician behind all creations at Holey, to train us. It is hard to articulate how thankful we are to him and how immeasurable has been his contribution.
Reviewed 6 April 2015

Both a bakery and a restaurant Holey is a welcome addition to Dhaka's many eateries. The range of bread and pastries is good for Dhaka, but not cheap. The main charm is the vast lawn where you can eat under shade, rare in the city to have useable outside dining space. Not many tables , sensibly set far apart. The menu is not huge but the food is delicious, some nice clean Asian fusion type dishes and a good burger. Perfect for lunch, not been yet for dinner , when I assume you will need plenty of mosquito repellant. Five stars since it is unusual for Dhaka.

Reviewed 3 April 2015

Admittedly, I only come for take-away baguettes, black olive baguettes, and the occasional chocolate croissant. Although I've never lived in France, I have visited Avignon, Divonne-les-Bains, Nice and Paris. And Holey has arguably the best baguettes I've ever eaten. Quality of life in Dhaka has just risen! Thanks, Holey dudes!!!

Reviewed 30 March 2015

The atmosphere is quite unique and the waitstaff is excellent. Their homemade breads are just incredible. Although a bit expensive, you get quality ingredients that are to die for! I would love it if they offered large servings of coffee. The European size coffee portions are a bit of disappointment. They are planning to have pizza once their wood fired iron is up and running.

Reviewed 26 March 2015

My friends were telling about this new venture so one fine holiday morning me and my wife planed to try Holey for breakfast.
In a first look the ambience is nice. A beautiful green lawn overview the lake where you can spend your time with sanity. There are enough parking space in front of the gate for self drivers.
I thought the choice of bread will be more but may be web were too early. Surprisingly they start serving breakfast at 9.00 AM ( which actually branch time, isn't it?)and I has to wait a while.
I think a Bakery of this type should start serving their fresh backed breads at early in the morning to catch the school and office segment. in such case I might will arrange some breakfast party for my friends here.
A good initiative in Dhaka, worth trying.

Reviewed 19 March 2015

Walking into the Holey Shop, first thoughts are there are way too many choices and that I should buy what I need not what I want. Admittedly, I have frequently buckled on the latter, with no regrets, other than around the waistline. There are always a wonderful selection of breads (multigrain is my old standby) and interesting desserts (check to see if there are any key lime muffins left). Prices are on the high-end, but first time customers usually turn into regulars.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant