“Great international and italian food in Dhaka”
Review of Platter

Platter
Ranked #16 of 27 Coffee & Tea in Dhaka City
Cuisines: Barbecue, Chinese, Thai
Reviewed 26 October 2015

This restaurant is definitely worth a visit or five. In my three months stay in Dhaka, I was at Platter more than ten times - it's a really nice place. The restaurant itself is nicely designed, beautiful with threes and running water, half inside half outside. The waiters are very kind, and trying to raise to the service level to what is the standard in the Western world.

One of the chefs has been in Italy for 23 years, so he knows what he is doing when it comes to food preparation. Especially shrimps, shellfish and fish are very well-prepared, though my friend claimed they make the best beef in Dhaka (which is rare, according to him). Sometimes, there are blues or jazz night at Platter, which is a very nice experience.
As almost any other restaurant in Dhaka, they are not allowed to serve alcohol in Platter, but they do some great mocktails. Be aware, they are very sweet.
Also, don't miss the chocolate lava-cake - it's perfect!

Reviewed 18 October 2015

Visited on 17th Oct with cousins. we had our dinner with their set menu offer which includes Rice with omlet , Chicken Satee. loved their food.

Reviewed 1 October 2015

mouth watering food , excellent environment most happening place in the Dhaka city
love that place .thanks

Reviewed 16 August 2015

LIVE KITCHEN and PLATTER .

THE two restaurants are located on the same premises at Road # 3 Banani Dhaka.
However, they offer different Menus. The upside is, of course, that guests can have multiple choice of cuisine or fare, for that matter. One can have a hearty lunch or dinner while another, at the same table, can have a light snack.
I was there quite by accident, really. My son and his friends were on an evening-out and ventured to one of their favourite spot. LIVE KITCHEN. It was chance, but , there I was passing by and thought it would be a good idea to stop and pick them up.
A simple place, nestled in the residential area of Banani. Nice, that is the word which came to mind. Simple but nicely decorated. A hint of nature. Rustic, perhaps that is the word (!?!)
My son and his friends had ordered from the Live Kitchen menu. Mushroom soup, Triple Gourmet Burgers and Cheesy Delight. Another had ordered Chinese Fried Rice and Chicken Veg Curry.
Their verdict ?!! Very good food.
So, there I was sitting at the restaurant, waiting for them to finish eating.
The maître ‘d was hovering over my shoulder. Would I like something ?! Perhaps a platter of their specialty, the Sea Food platter , or perhaps the Mixed Platter ( Chicken, Lamb and Beef) ?!!
It was getting late, already past the half hour after 10 pm and I am never much for evening tea and was rather hungry. It didn’t take much to convince me. I ordered Grilled Chicken with boiled vegetable and fries from the PLATTER menu. It was good. Cooked almost to perfection.
Dinner was good.
It is not pricey . I paid the bill for the 6 of us and it came to Taka 4,000/= (US$ 50/-). Good value.
The staff, the waiters were friendly, polite and very efficient.
Recommended, rather strongly !!!

Reviewed 5 July 2015

My running club ended a run on the roof of Platter, as someone leaving had decided to pay for pizza at the end of the run!

We were given the roof space entirely to ourselves and were allowed to take our drinks up there in coolers. The waiters bought pizza slowly and steadily over the course of the next hour or so. I am not a great fan of pizza, but this was good! Even my Italian friend gave it the thumbs up and says it 's the best pizza in Dhaka!

We didn't eat in the main restaurant or at a regular mealtime but in terms of our special requests, we were well looked after, and the manager was on hand to make sure everything was going well.

Would definitely go back for a meal at some point!