All reviewsrooftop barthe riverpanoramic suitehappy hour drinkstop floorlocation is greatceiling fanroyal palacenational museumsmall hotelbars and restaurantsnice balconya great place to staymain attractionstuk tukspacious roomcambodia
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Stayed @Suite. It's over seeing the river. In the Morning, u will c early risers exercising, some in groups, some on their own. Big room n nicely laid out. Great location - easy access to many food outlets. Maintenance of the hotels need some improvement though- Toilet tiles were not repaired when broken, curtain tracks r spoilt etc. Overall, reasonable stay but pricey. If maintenance were good, it would make a great boutique hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I stay at The Quay back in July, nice rooms, great location, clean. The breakfast is really nice and the staff is decent. The one thing I will say that could be improved is the staff, they seemed to lost, not really into their jobs. They did not have a negative attitude, just not very helpful. Having said all of that I did enjoy my stay there. So I ranked them four/five because of staff and they are a bit pricey, they could drop the price, its a little expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2011

The good...
The best things about this hotel is the Bose sound system, the views over the river, the shower, comfortable bed & funky fit out.

The bad...
In a nutshell, it's the staff. They don't really seem to care, from the guy on the desk with very little English (or patience) to the girl at the bar who made her self a drink before mine which I was waiting to take up stairs. Don't get me wrong, I do not usually have these high standards of service, but at over $100 a night in Cambodia I do have.
My room service cooked breakfast was cold as, looked good but I could not finish it. The rooms are not well maintained with paint missing in corners etc..

The summery...
I suppose I would stay again for the view & sound system. With a little brushing up on service & maintenance this could be a great hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed @ The Quay last weekend for 3 nights in one of the suites. The best thing about the hotel is the room, which is big, spacious, lovely bathroom and a nice balcony. the breakfast included in the room price was great.
However I thought the hotel lacks of personal touch, in such small hotels you would expect a more personalized service. Also there is no lobby or common space besides the restaurant and the roof top bar that I could not really go as there was a private party...
All in all, the hotel is cool, the suite was great and comfy and the breakfast was delicious.
Would I go back? No, I don't think so, 100 USD per night per person is too expensive, and with so many new boutique hotels in PP, I would try a different one!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2011

The Quay boutique hotel is a smallish (I believe 16 rooms max) at the riverside of Phnom Penh. The city is very bustling, and the hotel is right at the busy and vivid riverside boulevar, but inside it is calm and relaxing. We stayed, for a great deal, in a suite for 3 nights. The suite had a view over the river (wonderful view!) and the suite was very large with a nice large bathroom, a study or work area, great bed, living area with great sound system and tv, and a large balcony. The style of the hotel and rooms is pretty hip and modern. The suite was excellent! We really enjoyed our stay! Breakfast was simply amazing, and is delivered to your room in the morning free of charge, Different breakfast options can be chosen from and the ones we've tried were really tasty! I can recommend the poached eggs (choose from 3 different styles: with spinach, ham or salmon!), the cereals, and the fresh fruit salad. A true delight! Staff in the bar/restaurant downstairs (ground floor) were very friendly and helpful and always smiling and willing to help you. The restaurant is by the way excellent as well. Though cheaper options can be found in the city, but the menu of Mr Chow (the restaurant of the hotel) is innovative, the dishes look amazing, and taste very nice! We booked the suite rather last minute and had a great deal (around $100 per night), although I find normal prices rather high. But for this money, the hotel is definitely worth going! Located in a great spot with friendly staff, I would recommend it!

Room Tip: Look online (tripadvisor or the hotel's website) for great offers! When rooms are cheaper they are good value!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple