“Massive Decline in Food and Service”

On the corner Le resto du coin
Ranked #146 of 1,490 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: Cambodian, French, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Restaurant well situated overlooking the Tonle Sap River near corner street 130
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Having been to the restaurant in the past and previously been impressed with the food and service here, I decided to visit again on Friday 14th April in the evening.
As I had seen how beautiful and plentiful the tacos were on my last visit there I thought I would try them for myself this visit. I could not have been more disappointed! The food took over thirty minutes to arrive and when I politely chased it up was shrugged at and offered no apology.
When the food did arrive it was of a very poor standard. It was two tiny pancakes with a couple of teaspoons of brown, textureless mush. There were absolutely no accompaniments to this supposedly Mexican dish like guacomole, salsa and sour cream. When I enquired about this the waitress offered tomato ketchup!
$6.75 for two tiny pancakes! It was not worth half that price. In fact, as I was still hungry after that, I went to another restaurant and ate a beautiful and filling AMok curry for $3.50- half of what I paid at this restaurant and the food quality and service there was double. I have tried to contact the owner on Facebook but have had no response so thought that maybe this would give them a nudge!

Se0ung, Gérant at On the corner Le resto du coin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

First reply to your message:
Se0ung, Owner de On the corner le resto du coin, a répondu à cet avis, 18 avr. 2017
Dear Sir
Thank you for your information, but we are surprised at the high price of $ 6.75!
Here for 2 tacos generously served the price of $ 6.00 ...
After our change of address, another restaurant in Sisowath whose name resembles "corner" wants to pass for us with the same menu, but more expensive and of poor quality. We already had the same problem with another dissatisfied customer who confused the two addresses ...
Our tacos are very good and so rich that often our regular customers order a plate for 2 people ...
You are welcome to our real address ON THE CORNER le resto du coin near the corner with street 130.

After your apology message on our facebook page here is our answer:
<<My apologies. Idrove past last night and the restaurant in question is called “N.. Corner”>>

Our second answer:
Dear Sir, thank you very much for your message message of apology about your address error, we appreciate your honesty and your fair play.
We invite you to have a drink with you to ease this bad memory ...
- Is it possible to apologize on TripAdvisor?

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Visited twice
French menu in French & English with Khmer options
Nice people and good service
Riverside location near St 130

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast. The omelette was good with choice of two fillings, finally some decent bread and the coffee seems to be infused with chocolate- was good! Small local place with some outdoor seating if you're close- it's a good place

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

We had breakfast there. Service not that great, coffee wasn't really coffee but the stuff they mix with corn starch. Juice wasn't really juice but some sugary orange water. Omelette was ok. And too expensive for what is was. Go somewhere else.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

We longed for steak.
Hubby had the tornedos. Well executed. But why 2 big pieces? Noone can eat this much. Waste of food. The sauce was good. I had potato gratin and beef and sauce. Perfect. Ate all of it!
Nice staff.