“Great Value good food nice staff.”

On the corner Le resto du coin
Ranked #148 of 1,485 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: Cambodian, French, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Restaurant well situated overlooking the Tonle Sap River near corner street 130
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Our small group often uses On the Corner for our evening meal. Situated in the middle of the Quay the food is really well cooked for a budget restaurant. Big portions, tasty sauces and happy staff make it an ideal watering hole for an informal meal. Lots of choice at nice prices, if in PP you need to try, you will be smitten!!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

It’s sad to see this ‘French’ restaurant in such a decline. Once beautifully located under a big tree on the corner they had to move to this non-descript location, ‘corner restaurant’ in name only, they just recycled the old neon sign. What a dismal coffee in the morning (Café au Lait) they serve. In all honesty what is this taste? Either the milk was spoiled, the powdered coffee bad or what else? It’s certainly not milk what tastes like this. Food entirely bad. The so-called ‘Filet’ is a shame. Even for Cambodia. And that means a lot. To hide the slab of tendon meat they pour a thick unpleasant sauce (various kinds, none good) over it. Horrible salad dressing! Don’t order, you will regret it. This restaurant is on its last leg.

1  Thank travelpr0123
Se0ung, Propriétaire at On the corner Le resto du coin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Who eats here?
Our restaurant has an excellent reputation for over 10 years, which many competitors envy us and some of which are jealous. The very favorable reviews on TripAdvisor express the satisfaction of a very large number of guests for 10 years and still until now.
Instead of attempting to destroy the reputation of our restaurant you perhaps better eat in others restaurants where you will enjoy eating dishes that you like in a set suits you.
We like constructive comments that help us to improve our service, but the killing review which have for sole aim the pleasure of destroying the reputation of a restaurant, have no place here ...
Certainly, the customer is king!
But a king is supposed to be a noble person ...

Reviewed 22 April 2017

This little gem is located on the Riverside. I had to attend a business brunch the other day here and I am a bit annoyed with myself that I had overlooked it in the past.

French and Khmer owned for the past 12 years with a remarkable menu. Everything you could wish for; from great chips to very fine cuisine. Sensibly priced, good service and lovely location. Will be eating here from now on and start testing some of their specials.

Se0ung, Owner at On the corner Le resto du coin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Dear Customer,
Thank you very much for your comment after your visit to our new address near 130 street.

Welcome to your next visit

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Having been to the restaurant in the past and previously been impressed with the food and service here, I decided to visit again on Friday 14th April in the evening.
As I had seen how beautiful and plentiful the tacos were on my last visit there I thought I would try them for myself this visit. I could not have been more disappointed! The food took over thirty minutes to arrive and when I politely chased it up was shrugged at and offered no apology.
When the food did arrive it was of a very poor standard. It was two tiny pancakes with a couple of teaspoons of brown, textureless mush. There were absolutely no accompaniments to this supposedly Mexican dish like guacomole, salsa and sour cream. When I enquired about this the waitress offered tomato ketchup!
$6.75 for two tiny pancakes! It was not worth half that price. In fact, as I was still hungry after that, I went to another restaurant and ate a beautiful and filling AMok curry for $3.50- half of what I paid at this restaurant and the food quality and service there was double. I have tried to contact the owner on Facebook but have had no response so thought that maybe this would give them a nudge!

Se0ung, Gérant at On the corner Le resto du coin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

First reply to your message:
Se0ung, Owner de On the corner le resto du coin, a répondu à cet avis, 18 avr. 2017
Dear Sir
Thank you for your information, but we are surprised at the high price of $ 6.75!
Here for 2 tacos generously served the price of $ 6.00 ...
After our change of address, another restaurant in Sisowath whose name resembles "corner" wants to pass for us with the same menu, but more expensive and of poor quality. We already had the same problem with another dissatisfied customer who confused the two addresses ...
Our tacos are very good and so rich that often our regular customers order a plate for 2 people ...
You are welcome to our real address ON THE CORNER le resto du coin near the corner with street 130.

After your apology message on our facebook page here is our answer:
<<My apologies. Idrove past last night and the restaurant in question is called “N.. Corner”>>

Our second answer:
Dear Sir, thank you very much for your message message of apology about your address error, we appreciate your honesty and your fair play.
We invite you to have a drink with you to ease this bad memory ...
- Is it possible to apologize on TripAdvisor?

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Visited twice
French menu in French & English with Khmer options
Nice people and good service
Riverside location near St 130