1,654 results
All reviews la coupole the executive lounge do forni le bar club millesime club room aeon mall lobby bar tuk tuk main restaurant beautiful hotel business trip breakfast buffet five star hotel colonial style rooms are spacious junior suite
Reviewed 9 December 2012

What a pleasant surprise to be met with such friendly staff after a long drive from Sihanoukville, the luggage appeared in our room almost as we did after a very quick and efficient check in. Stayed in the club rooms and was well worth the little extra, only slight negative was the selection of nibbles in the club lounge during "happy hour" was not very extensive, however the wine was excellent quality.

The room was great, big, spacious with a comfortable bed/pillows only negative was a bit hard to get the room temp down to a point where you could sleep under the duvet, maybe a lighter duvet would be better. Takes a bit of getting used to with the unique glass wet area & toilet, but works well once you get used to sitting in a glass cubicle doing your 'business'. the pool was a huge one with wonderful clear and inviting water, which was great after a time out in the markets shopping or touristing in the heat & humidity of PP. Breakfast was comprehensive & we broke our rule & dined in hotel, which was lovely and reasonably priced for this quality.

All in all a definite 5* property with wonderful Cambodian staff who were always helpful and a delight to deal with and all the 'hotel things' ran seamlessly and efficiently ensuring a great couple of days.

Very highly recommend staying there in in PP for business of holiday, everything is a short tuk-tuk ride, but don't accept the tuk-tuk drivers outrageous asking price when they pull up. $1 or usually $2 gets you anywhere in the main city area. The airport is a fair distance and a $10 taxi is worth the price to travel the 35min in the chaotic traffic which is now PP.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pordy13
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you experience at the Sofitel Phnom Penh on TripAdvisor. It certainly is rewarding to read your generous review, and a pleasure to understand that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am very glad to hear that we could positively surprise you upon arrival and provide a comfort and relaxation after your long drive from Sihanoukville. In addition to your positive remarks regarding our breakfast buffet, swimming pool and guest rooms, as the General Manager it is also particularly pleasing to hear that the check-in process went so quick and efficient. We strongly believe that perfecting these small yet critical touch points forms the foundation of “Magnifique” experiences for our guests. Furthermore, I have passed on your kind words about our hotel ambassadors to the team, they were all very pleased. Again, thank you for the great review, we can’t wait to welcome you back during your next visit to Phnom Penh.

Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed on club level. Ms. Sokheang and mr. Rathna were excellent staff members and service was very good! They always provided recommendations for places to see as well. I would highly recommend the hotel at the club level.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank dmhawk58

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Club Rooms and the access to our executive lounge “Club Millesime”. I will personally pass on your feedback to the the Club Millesime team and especially Ms. Sokheang and Mr. Rathna, they will surely be pleased. As always, we look forward to welcoming you back to us at the Sofitel Phnom Penh.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

We stayed here after staying at the Intercontinental in PP and wow, we were blown away with the beauty and extravagance of this place. I thought the Intercontinental was nice, and it is, but this place is in a 5 star league. It's like stepping into the old world, and everything about this place was beautiful. The French colonial architecture, the rooms, the service, the L'Occitane bath products, the pool, and our favorite - the food. We paid the extra $30 or so a day for the upgrade for brunch and unlimited executive privileges including wine at happy hour as well as afternoon tea. This made our stay perfect!!! My husband and I were already wiped out from the rest of our trip so the two days we stayed here was more like a retreat than anything. Fresh, UNLIMITED macarons, cold Evian in a glass bottle, fresh french bread and delicately made chocolates were the perfect snack every afternoon. We would go before bed as well for more Evian and a few leftover imported cheese plates. The lounge is incredible peaceful and attractive as it overlooks the city.

The brunch is from another world!!! I have eaten at numerous hotel brunches but this one topped them all with a fresh ice cream parlor, numerous kinds of native soups, breakfast and pretty much everything. The quality was top notch.

ALSO, DO NOT MISS THE SPA!! We went between certain hours, I think before 4ish and received 30% off of a service. I highly recommend the Kyhmer massage. Complete and total bliss. My husband and I were able to get a couples massage in the same room.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelgirl08
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your Magnfique experience at the Sofitel Phnom Penh on TripAdvisor. Your review is a truly great example of what makes it all worth to be in this business. As of today, your review is displayed on the ambassador notice board, it will certainly be a source of encouragement and motivation for the whole team. I will personally see to that you especially kind words about our Spa and Brunch reaches the wellness and culinary teams. Again, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us, we simply can’t wait to welcome you and you husband back for yet another unforgettable stay.

Charles Henri Chevet

Reviewed 3 December 2012

I'd been at Sofitel Phnom Penh at the beginning of September 2012. My staying was excellent, so it was the quality of the service, the comfort of the room, its cleanliness, the quality of the restaurants . Even the items offered in the shops were fine.The personnel was especially careful and dedicated, it gave us the maximum of comfort.
Franco Maula

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Franco M

Dear Franco,

Thank you very much for writing a review about your stay with us in September this year. It is great to hear that your stay was excellent and that you found almost everything to be of high quality. I am also happy to hear that our team of ambassadors could contribute in making your stay extra comfortable. We would all love to welcome you back to us during your next visit to Phnom Penh.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

I had a wonderful time at the Sofitel. Having stayed in a number of Sofitels in Asia and the US, I was pleasantly surprised to find such a well-managed property in Phnom Penh. As it was my first trip to Phnom Penh, the marvelous service and condition of the hotel made my trip more memorable. I must commend the management and staff for the outstanding work and service. I enjoyed all my meals there, the pool and conference facilities. The hotel has huge grounds and very inviting tennis courts. I wished I had brought my racquet and gear.

Room Tip: I think the rooms facing the pool and river have better views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank VictorSSChan
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for all your kind words. It always extra pleasing to receive such positive feedback from an experienced business traveller as yourself, as it shows we can compare to the best in the industry. I will pass on your feedback to the entire team, they will surely be very pleased. We very much look forward to your next visit to Sofitel Phnom Penh for which for which you need not to worry about bringing any tennis equipment or shoes, as we would be happy to lend it to you so you can make use of our tennis & squash courts.

General Manager Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra