1,772 results
All reviewsrooftop barbar crawlprivate roombeer pongbar closesfree beera great place to meettuk tukbed dormmeet other travellerskilling fieldswestern foodair constayed here for nightstop floorroyal palacebeds
Reviewed 29 March 2018

I loved my stay at Made Monkey. It was one of the best Made Monkeys I have ever stayed in. The staff was super friendly and help me find a sense of belonging in Phnom Pehn. I can't speak to how much I loved it here enough.

Room Tip: All the dorms are great.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Kirsten M, Manager at Mad Monkey Hostel Phnom Penh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hey Joe, what a lovely review, thank you so much! We're so glad you felt at home here and we hope you can make it back here again! Enjoy the rest of your travels, cheers!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I have written this review so many times and each time, it gets deleted. Suppressing my right to write my story isn't cool. I stayed here in August, and when I was here my stuff was ransacked and money was stolen from me. I don't know who did it but it happened. And others have a right to know about it. If this gets deleted again I will write it again. And again. The staff was so unhelpful when I reported it stolen. They told me they couldn't do anything about it and dismissed me from the desk without any help or guidance. Avoid this place.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Kirsten M, Manager at Mad Monkey Hostel Phnom Penh, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi there, the reason your review was taken down previously was because it violated TripAdvisor guidelines. They do not allow reviews that include rumors/second-hand information or anything other than commenters' first-hand experiences. As we told you last August when you stayed here, we are unfortunately not liable for your belongings. Because you left money under your pillow, there wasn't anything we could do, as any guest could've taken it. We are sorry you had this experience and know how frustrating it is to be in your situation. If you would like to discuss this further or have any other questions or comments, please email us at chairman@madmonkeyhostels.com. Again, we're sorry this experience left a bad taste in your mouth and that you felt it wasn't handled better. We hope you've been doing well since we saw you last!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Convenient location, opted for a private room. All basics met, clean room and no fuss and no mosquitos. The room didn't have a window and didn't allow smoking in the room which was the only downside for me, but I would've booked anyway. Stay there if you don't mind, rather appreciate the loud music. Do check out their bar to meet cool people, have their bazooka drink and increase your country's count on their wall of fame.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for an awesome review! We hope you come back and visit us soon. These reviews really do matter to us and they are always read and considered. We are pleased you had a great time here, that’s what we do it for!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed in 5 Mad Monkeys, they’re consistently amazing. Phnom Penh MM has excellent food and even better staff. Our bed was a little hard but completely over looked because Nicole, Manuel and Kelly are legendary

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Megan, thank you for finding the time to write us a positive review - you were a great guest and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Travel safe and come back again soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

After first arriving in Cambodia, me and friend were planning to get a hostel where we could meet more like minded travellers.
Luckily we strolled upon Mad Monkey!
Everything here was awesome!

-Rooms were clean

-A/C got really cold

-Food was Great

-the pools were nice

-the bars were a perfect environment to meet people

-the staff were so helpful

Regarding the staff, Nicole McInerney needs a special mention. We first met her at the mad monkey in Siem Reap. She gave the best travel advice on getting to Phnom Penh mad monkey and also Koh Rong mad monkey and was the first point of call if we ever had a problem.

She helped me and friend meet so many great people!, and told us about the things we have to do before we leave each place.

Sadly her beer pong abilities were not on mine and my friends level but I will let her off on that one I guess.

Can’t wait to be back!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matthew G

Hey Matthew, thank you so much for this thoughtful review! You’re the best and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Cheers from the team at Mad Monkey :)