US$77
US$200
US$152
Trip.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$184/night.

US$33
US$32
US$67
US$59
G Mekong Hotel(Phnom Penh)
US$45
US$36
Blue Lime(Phnom Penh)
US$53
US$45
US$50
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
La Rose Suites(Phnom Penh)
US$131
US$108
Priceline
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

US$35
US$34
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsswimming poolquiet streetnice clean roomsfamily roomgreat poolyogurtstay there againthree nightstuk tukcambodiappbkkoasis
Reviewed 8 January 2017

The day we arrived, a family of 8, was the best day of my visit to Cambodia. I really enjoyed the whole holiday, but Villa Samnang was the icing on the cake. Thank you Leo, Sitha, and staff, our visit was wonderful. Your help in every little request was amazing and nothing was too much trouble and done with a happy smile.The pool was wonderful to relax in after a busy day. I have travelled quite a lot, and I give Villa Samnang 10/10, without any hesitation, once again thank you all so very much. Finally to any travelers going to Phnom Penh, don't look any further than Villa Samnang

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
LeoCambodia, Owner at Villa Samnang Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Thank you very much for the kind and positive words in your review. I will pass it on to Sitha and the team! It was great to have you all at Villa Samnang. We hope tomsee you all back soon. All the best Leo & team.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

This place is exceptional.

The positives:
*Stand out amazing staff willing to go above and beyond for anything - flexible, kind, sweet, respectful, intelligent, knowledgable, warm
*Beautiful wholesome hearty breakfasts
*Ambiance - life set around a tranquil pool
*Charming Modern Asia artisan decor and stylings
*Brilliant location
*Comfortable beds
*Great wifi
*Superb management
*Exquisitely clean

Bizarre additional bonus we didn't expect - very kid friendly - we had a baby with us and the owner let her play with the cool stash of baby toys in the corner.

When we first arrived the team was in the process of taking over from the previous owners, renovating, re-furnishing and re-launching the restaurant. You would think this would suck, but it was seamless. As we departed in a taxi that they organised for us down to the beaches (and for which they negotiated the price, without taking commissions) my hubby said "I bet you they have sorted the whole project out by the time we return." He was correct. When we got back 4 days later all the staff were sitting in the restaurant undergoing training from some master barista to make the perfect coffee.

I would stay here again in a heart beat. Exceptional value, staff, cleanliness, location, all of it.

Room Tip: Tell reception what you want (larger size privacy, pool view etc) - they will take care of you.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
LeoCambodia, Owner at Villa Samnang Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Thanks for the kind words and the great review. It was great having you all as our guests.. not once but twice. We hope to have you back soon at Villa Samnang. Have a great 2017! Leo

Reviewed 13 December 2016

First, the staff let themselves into the room twice when they REALLY shouldn't have. The first time was after we specifically said we didn't want the room cleaned because the safe didn't work and we couldn't secure our valuables. We came back a few hours later to a cleaned room, but luckily no passports or money missing. The second time was way worse: I was asleep in the room, naked, at 7:45 am, a woman by herself. I had scheduled a tour for the next morning, I thought, but the staff (who speak essentially no English) thought I had scheduled it for this morning. When the tour company showed up to pick me up, the staff decided--because of course hotels should be babysitting adult guests--to wake me up at all costs. They called three times, spent five minutes knocking at the door, and then decided at 7:45 am, TO LET THEMSELVES INTO MY ROOM TO WAKE ME UP!!!!! I was awoken my a stranger, in my room, for no reason, while naked, and, I think understandably, I started screaming. The hotel's clerk's response was to smugly start laughing at me when I came downstairs later and tell me self-righteously that I had a tour reservation (which, even if I had, would NEVER entitle them to let themselves into my room). The owner's explanation was that they wanted to make sure I wasn't dead. Really?!! Im a 34 year old, in obviously good health. At no point did anyone apologize. Clearly this hotel can't tell the difference between children and guests, thinks it's running a daycare. The staff is very unclear on professional boundaries. I would never recommend anyone stay here.

Second, this hotel is under construction, which they say is only from 10:00-17:00, but we were woken up each morning by hammering from below (we could feel it in the walls) before 8:00. Second, all the little stuff was off: the blinds weren't as long as the windows, so we couldn't get the room dark; the lamp fixture was broken, so the live wires were exposed; there's definitely no breakfast included; the staff speaks essentially no English, and don't know how to run a credit card, so we nearly missed a flight after waiting twenty minutes while they messed with the machine; the safe was broken, so we couldn't secure our valuables; the towels are all stained and coarse; the A/C control was broken, so we were freezing at night; the pillows are rock solid and overfilled, so sleeping was uncomfortable; we couldn't work out how to lock the door for 15 minutes because it was a very strange lock and no one bothered to explain it, or anything else.

On the plus side, the pool is cute, but always in the shade. There's a family vibe because the owner and his wife and toddler hang out by the pool, but that also means there are kids running around and shouting, and they seem confused about the fact that hotel guests are not part of their family (which perhaps explains their sense that checking on me in my sleep was appropriate).

Third, they overcharged me, double charging a night my boyfriend had already paid for, and this was after charging him twice already because they didn't know how to work the credit card machine. When I brought it up that the bill was wrong, the clerk was again butch and condescending and unhelpful.

The location is great, but there another hotel on the very same block that's the same price but way nicer and with much more professional staff (Villa de la Paix). You can do way better a stone's throw away for the same or less money.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suriyajnt
Leo M, Owner at Villa Samnang Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Dear Ms Suriyajnt,

My name is Leo Mulder, we have met several times during your stay at Villa Sammang. I am since a few weeks the new owner of Villa Samnang. I would like to apologise again to you for what you describe in your review.

We have tried to explain you why we have followed the procedure to enter your room. But unfortunately you did not let us talk to you. Therefore I am glad you wrote the review so we can clarify ourselves what happened again.

The night before you booked an early departure excursion at our reception. You were not present at our reception when the excursion company came to pick you up at the agreed time in the morning. The receptionist went upstairs to your room to let you know your pick up was waiting at the reception. The receptionist knocked on your door many times, but no answer. We have tried to wake you up and repeated this for more then 20 minutes without any result or reaction while we were sure (according our security camera’s) that you were in your room. My staff became very concerned that something serious happened to you. They called me and informed me about the situation. We decided to have a look in your room to see if you were allright. When my general manager entered very cautiously your room you were still not responding. After a while you woke up and luckily nothing was wrong and you were fine. I can understand the confusion for you at that moment when you did wake up. But if anything would have happened to you you would be thankful that we followed this procedure.

We have a clear protocol/procedure before we enter a room in such a delicate situation. Its only me or my general manager that can enter a room, only with my permission and a second person present to witness it all and we leave the room door wide open. This protocol is standard procedure in most hotels in the world.

Again, I understand your were alarmed and confused at that moment. You do not have to agree with the action we took to enter your room. But we had no other reason then out of concern for YOUR sake and safety and did this in a professional way.

Regarding the rest of your review you write, this is far from realistic and does not compatible and make no sense with the fact you voluntary extended your stay every morning and stayed from initially a 1 day stay into 4 nights in our hotel. You an I also met each other every day and had pleasant conversations without you mentioning any of the items you write in your review. This now sounds very opinionated and is not true as you were staying in one of our finest rooms I personally checked the blinds and the airconditioning. Both were fine. I am sorry the pillows were not what you were used to and any stains in the towel might have been by our mistake. From our side we found you did not respect our properties and your room was a total chaos and very dirty when we cleaned it. All our staff speaks very well English, French, German, Dutch and Khmer, are professional and well mannered.

Our hotel lives by the grace of the guests and we really value and appreciate reviews and recommendations from all our guests so we can ameliorate our services and facilities accordingly, but reviews must be based on facts, not false and wrong-full opinionated accusations or angry emotions.

From our side I would like to inform the readers of this review that you did not pay your bill for your stay and the drinks you had and just walked away after the rudeness you displayed to my staff and me at your departure.

My team and I really, passionately and serious about our jobs, we care and and go to great lengths to satisfy the needs for all our guests to assure a great stay. We have invested a lot of time, energy and money to upgrade the property’s facilities, the hotel amenities and services. We renovated our restaurant, pool, rooms, employ skilled multi lingual staff, new furniture, beds, linnen and much more.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

great stay in villa Samnang.
very central location , walking distance to great restaurants and shops.
amazing and helpful staff , fast wifi everywhere in the hotel , clean and well decorated rooms and an homy ambiance.

definitely will come back.
thank you !

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Thanks Danny, was great having you. See you soon again at Villa Samnang. Cheers Leo

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the family room. It was ok ... the blinds didn't work properly so u couldn't let natural light in... the bed was ok ... pillows really bad!!! the breakfast was terrible ... we stayed for 5 nights and every morning I asked for fruit ... it wasn't until the last two days that they finally cottoned on .... too late... the pool is ok ... clean enough but always in shade so it's always quite cold... my kids enjoyed it ... the bonus is you are close to all Restuarants and tuk tuks are in easy reach the Italian restaurant next door is really nice and if you are there on a Wednesday you get free tapas and pizza... bonus the bar called Che Culo is great... run by an Aussie expat.. nice tapas and reasonable $. I probably wouldn't stay here if you have s family ... ok if you are on your own ... cheap enough ... and for a night or two but no longer... Expresso coffee is great ... beers are expensive $ 5.00 ... 5/10 for accomodation, food 1/10, cleanliness 7/10 staff 6/10.. English atrocious .. hope this helps

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Tamara A
Management response:Responded 7 November 2016

Dear Traralgon Family,

I am really upset to read your stay wasn't as you expected it to be or better as it should have been. I would like to apologise for this inconvenience this has caused to you and your family. We did not meet and at that time. Villa Samnang belonged to an owner who did not care about the property anymore Since November 1st I have taken over the property and we have started by upgrading the property to new standards and giving the place the much needed TLC (tender loving care). A full re-designs of the bar, restaurant, reception and pool area are ongoing and almost finished. New pictures will follow soon.

If you and your family are ever back in Phnom Penh again I invite you and your family to spend a night at my expense.

Kind regards,