“Better than I expected, Excellent Customer Service and Nice Halal Food”

Holiday Villa Phnom Penh
Ranked #234 of 281 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 8 July 2015

I was a bit skeptical to book this hotel due to bad ratings by previous guests. However as it is a fasting month and I needed to stay in a hotel that provides halal food, I decided to stay here. I booked an executive suite which turns out better than I expected. The room is huge with separate sitting area which is convenient as I needed to dine in a separate area for Sahur. The room fittings are outdated but most importantly the room is clean and hygienic. The food is excellent and kudos to the chef that prepared us extremely nice food for sahur. Excellent customer service from the staff and manager Mr. Ang @ Abu Bakar. I wanted to check out a nearby mall and Mr. Ang asked his bell boy to accompany me all the way as I have 2 small kids. I would truly recommend people to stay here due to its excellent customer service, nice halal food and central location (there is a grocery right next door too..)

Room Tip: Executive Rooms
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 March 2015

The hotel need to be upgraded to 2015 standard. Right now everything in the room is old.. from carpet, bed-sheet, towel and amenities. However the service are good and request for changing of room (air-con problem) is duly complied.
The halal breakfast is nice but limited choice. The manager is down to earth character, helpful and fun to be with. The location are near to the central market, not far from the airport, and near to the train station and bus terminal.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 December 2014 via mobile

My friend booked this villa for us since
this villa serve halal food so we can have our breakfast at the hotel. We thank our friend for that.
However we're very disappointed when we get to know that we have to pay to use the wifi in our room. It's free only at the hotel lobby. On our first day in Phnom Penh we've stayed in another hotel which is cheaper than this hotel and the wifi is free everywhere.
The villa also did not provide any tea or coffee in the room only drinking water.
The staff are not friendly and helpful. We have to carry our own luggage to the room.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2014 via mobile

This hotel has got to be my worst experience in Phnom Penh. I booked this hotel through my company's portal, thinking it could be okay-ish to stay, I'm usually not that picky but I was wrong.

Reviews about this place was right. Stained old carpets, very old bedding, AC had lawnmower sound throughout, a few mosquitoes were seen in the room. Breakfast was cold and abysmal, dark lobby and checking out took 30mins, because the receptionist was not familiar with credit card payments. Amex was not accepted even though it said so.

WiFi was not free. I bought prepaid and tether it, way cheaper.

Never coming back again!

Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
Thank Alan .
Reviewed 11 November 2014

Was in Phnom Penh for a business trip and was staying at Holiday Villa at Phnom Penh. Right at the start of check in, was already hitting out at mossies. Not a good sign at all.

In the room itself, I pretty much had a very fun time hitting at the mossies. Not only that, there was this funky mouldy smell in the room. Reception could not do much as they were new staff and obviously not trained to handle guests.

Breakfast was a limited selection and they had soft boil egg. Imagine my horror when I crack open one and it was a rotten egg and black in color. Totally spoilt my appetite and all future breakfast at the hotel.

Will I ever stay at the hotel. Never. Not until they can get their act together with a management team that is strong enough instead of just grumbling about the workforce in general.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business