All reviewsfree laundryshort or long stayindependence monumentnoodleswifiac
Reviewed 15 February 2016

For the price and the location the hotel is good value for money but be prepared - a lot of the rooms don't have a window. There is free wi-fi and it's easy to get about because there are always tuk tuks waiting outside. Breakfast is ok, not the best we had on our trip but also not the worst. The staff are friendly.

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms - none with a view or a window! But you can ask for a room with a window.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2016

I stayed in the annex, which is the cheaper part of the hotel across the street. Decor is basic & tired looking but my room was big & airy with a high ceiling so, in general, I liked it. The staff was generally pleasant & helpful; the free breakfast was adequate but nothing special. I liked the location because it's an easy tuk ride to the major sites & there are very good restaurants in the area.

I would definitely stay here again & would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2016

I have stayed here three or four times and find it to be well priced and very convenient. The airport pickup has always worked well, the laundry arrives back on time and Street 278 boasts a handful of good bars and restaurants. That said, the rooms are getting tired and the plumbing in the bathrooms is eclectic at best. There are some subterranean rooms; If you find yourself being taken downstairs from reception, put the brakes on. These rooms have no windows and no natural light. I have also been put in the "old hotel" across the street and I was kept awake by the room service girls chatting on the balcony outside my window. Then I realised what sort of room service girls they were. Avoid the old hotel.
However, it is what it is, and at $30-35 including breakfast it's perfectly fine. The front desk staff are helpful and are good for eating and massage reviews. The Lucky Supermarket a few blocks away has extremely inexpensive wine and spirits, plus everything else you'll need. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: The best rooms are on the sixth floor as they are a little smarter than the rooms below.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2015

I was there for a two-night stay for a business in Phnom Penh. Looking at its name, I imagined that this is a good hotel, at least comfortable to stay. I got the room in other building which seemed very creepy. There was like a cabinet but located almost in the roof of the room. The room was fine but I was like in a prison because of the bars they put on the window. The food was just okay.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2015

This would be classed as a mid price hotel I guess but with the improvements being seen all over the city, unless they are careful I think this place will drop into the backwater unless it refreshes its facilities pretty soon. It's a popular place and everything works. The rooms were a little dowdy and the bathrooms needed an update although they were OK. Cleanliness was excellent and the guys were very helpful on the desk. But it just needs to be brought up to date otherwise, I feel, it will start to lose out to newer places....

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo