All reviewsfree laundryshort or long stayindependence monumentnoodleswifiac
Reviewed 3 November 2016

This is a great little budget hotel. I liked getting my laundry done in a matter of hours and included in the price. Central location just down the road from a very helpful travel agent and next door to a couple of good restaurants I don't like the showers but otherwise just fine

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

Golden gate is a good clean hotel that provides breakfast and does your laundry for a very cheap price. Be careful with the laundry, we were there in a school trip building houses and were very dirty, our light coloured clothes were not cleaned well and the stains are now built in. Save the extra dirty clothes to clean at home.
The bed was comfy, the water in the bathroom was nice and hot and a good strong pressure. This is not a luxurious hotel but for $35 a night, what more could you ask for.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Spent 5 nights here in 2 different rooms. Service was very friendly and helpful, some rooms don't have windows so keep that in mind. Breakfast is ok. They also offer free clothes washing which is great!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

Last moment booking at this hotel was actually a good choice.
The (bath)room is spacious and very clean.
Nice surprise: it comes with breakfast (rather basic) PLUS free laundry service. Really! Free laundry: I had never seen this before.
Good central location.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2016

This was the first hotel I stayed when I first arrived in Phnom Penh. Met by very friendly and casual staff at the reception. And as it happens to be a frequent occurrence in SE Asia, my room did not have a window, so it was dark without the lights on even during the day. I could not write a review earlier but during my first stay, on the third day, I noticed lots of itchy rashes on my body and of course there were bed bugs -really big bloody bugs. They changed my room but again no window.
The second time I was there was because of a rat in my apartment. Yes, a rat was strutting on the cove ceiling in my studio apartment. So, I checked into the hotel at 1am , met by friendly staff even at that hour.
I give 5 stars for friendliness at Golden Gate Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window and avoid bed bugs. The price is higher.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo