2,856 results
All reviews private pool an oasis complimentary massage royal palace tuk tuk lush gardens main pool busy city four poster bed front gate main building sunset cruise the hustle and bustle loved this hotel passion fruit juice siem reap twin room
Reviewed 14 April 2012

From the friendly arrival drinks and complimentary massage to the lovely rooms we found this almost boutique hotel to be fantastic.
The cool courtyard with pool and lots of tropical plants/trees and funky music was very relaxing and made it hard to leave the hotel to go sightseeing. No children being allowed was a bonus.
We particularly liked the furniture in the rooms and the speakers/ipod dock.

If I was to pick out any areas to be improved, the pool looked very cloudy (not clear) on 2 of the days we were there and the day beds around the pool could be kept cleaner but these are very minor critisisms of what is probably the best hotel I've stayed at in SE Asia and is great value.

Room Tip: Room 21 had a little road noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
thepavilion, Owner at The Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Many thanks for this very kind review. The pool balancing is always a bit difficult to stabilize after a strong rain, which increases the acidity. It sometimes takes one or two days to become perfectly clear again. We are changing the cushions of the daybeds regularly as they do get damaged staying outside all the time. Cheers, Alexis (owner)

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Just back from an eight-day sta y at this hotel with my husband and daughter. I just can't fault it. I don't know why canerandagio expected more from the rooms - they were great. Cool, minimalistic but entirely comfortable in the asian tradition - shag pile carpet?? Ipod docking station and/or computer brought things up to date. The pool in garden setting was lovely but that thing that makes this place super-great is the staff. They just can't do enough for you. It was hard to drag ourselves out to do any sightseeing. If you are a sun-worshipper, the only downside may be that there is a lot of shade in the garden which means that sun-spots are few.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Maybe I had too high expectations from this place, and not knowing Cambodia I didn't quite appreciate the standards.
I found the service to be very good, the location also, and the pool and garden setting very nice.
The lobby and the rooms were however quite bare, not much to them really. I expected a more padded environment, with less concrete and more cushions... I was a bit disappointed although I could not fault the place in any serious way.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank canerandagio
thepavilion, Owner at The Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review, but I am not sure I understand it. The Pavilion is a 1924 brick villa with original tile floors, where was the concrete?

Cheers,

Alexis

Reviewed 7 April 2012

I stayed for 5 nights and loved this hotel. My father goes every year, so I knew it should be pretty good but I really couldn't fault it. It was comfortable and the rooms, although with a basic feel about them, were well appointed with iPod docking station, air conditioning, fruit and free bottled water. The staff are the icing on the cake - this was my first time in Cambodia and the people were lovely and the staff at this hotel didn't let the side down! They were so polite, courteous and with a sense of humour. When my air conditioning broke, they were genuinely concerned and got it fixed without delay. Some barely noticeable building work outside meant that there was commentary sangria each evening and the bakfastswere superb with fresh juice, fruit, breads and eggs in everyday you could want. The outside, including the pool area is very shaded by palm trees and vegetation, so getting a spot in the sun can be tricky but I'd prefer that to not enough shade. Getting about was easy without-tuc drivers outside and agreeing a price with them or a moped driver before going anywhere was easy enough and cheap, although it's always worth bartering a bit. The hostel is s 5min walk from the Royal Palace and a further 5 minutes from the riverside area, with restaurants & bars etc. Whilst I would be curious to try another hotel if in Phnom Penh again, I would feel if I was missing out ifI didn't stay at the Pavilion at least a couple of nights.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Nevsreview
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I fell in love with this hotel.
Though the building itself is not new, it is well decorated and cleaned.
Actually the oldness added character to the place.

I absolutely loved their furniture and decoration.
You can fully enjoy "Classic Asian Resort" atmosphere.

Nice swimming pool in the garden surrounded by tropical trees.
There are many comfortable sofas (almost like a bed) around the pool.
Perfect place for reading.

Free massage service for the guests.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple