“Romantic, interesting french cuisine”
Review of Le Vendome

Le Vendome
Ranked #60 of 469 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2016

We went here for our wedding anniversary and it proved a good choice. Initially we chose some very comfy sofa style chairs upstairs but they proved to be very low and uncomfortable to sit is. After moving we were far more comfortable. The menu is largely in French with an attempt at English translations so we could understand most dishes. The pizza was very plain and not really recommended but the soufflé was amazing. Although not on the menu, they cooked garlic bread for my wife. The desserts were definitely worth trying and I would go back simply for another dessert! Very good prices meant that it is popular with the better off locals, I was the only foreigner there other than the owner. The aircon did not work well and it was a bit stuffy, I would recommend sitting outside if the weather is warm. We will definitely go back and try some of the more interesting sounding dishes.

Reviewed 4 March 2016

Had dinner here with five other friends. The nicoise salad was huge--good for four, and nicely presented. The grilled pork chop was tasty and came with a pepper sauce and green peppercorns. And the soufflés were huge. We were at the first floor and the restaurant owner and staff were very friendly and cordial, the staff professional and efficient. I loved the decor -- satisfactory-looking reproductions of art nouveau and art deco featuring the works of Mucha.

Reviewed 4 March 2016

This restaurant has plenty of old world charm tucked way on a street behind a wat. I was very pleasantly surprised as I thought being a French restaurant it would be as expensive as most other downtown French eateries. However at Le Vendome they offer great value for money in a location that is quite enchanting. Also the Pizzas are surprisingly good considering it is a French restaurant. My only regret that I did not discover it sooner during my 18 months working in Vientiane.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

Le Vendome is situated on a corner across from Inpeng Temple. Diners on the patio feel like they're in a garden secluded from street noise and pedestrians by stands of bamboo and greenery. We particularly enjoyed the salads which were generously portioned, with croutons, fresh greens and cheeses. The pizzas are also worth choosing. The pasta, not so much. Pricing is midrange and very fair.
Le Vendome has been in Vientiane 30 years.

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

I've been coming here for many years and was never disappointed with the cuisine. In my opinion, this is the best french food in Laos not to compare with the few (touristy) competitors in Vientiane. Try some of the salads, beef filets or sweet soufflés, you'll walk away happy and satisfied.