“The most ignorant and aggressive owner I have ever come across.....Don't go here!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Babylon Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #161 of 410 Restaurants in Vientiane
Reviewed 3 June 2009

From the outside Babylon appears ok, free wifi and cheap rooms. LUCKILY, I was not staying there when I was in Vang Vieng however I did decide to go there for lunch one day, to use the wifi. It was advertised as free for people eating in the restaurant as well as guests. Actually, you have to spend a minimum of 20,000 kip before you can use it. I had no problem doing this and ordered some food that came to a total of 31,000kip. During the 30mins while I waited for my sandwich, I asked 2 waiters and finally the manager, an English guy, if I could have the password for wifi. He snapped at me to wait 2 mins but of course there was no sign of the password 10 mins later. My food arrived and he shouted across "So what do you want now?" On asking for the password again, he completely flipped! He told me the internet was not working, even though there was another person using it in the restaurant at the time. He became totally aggressive and started shouting all sorts of things at me, like something you would hear teenagers shouting in a playground! When I paid my bill he had the cheak to short change me by 11,000 kip. That' not much but after the way he was shouting at me and abusing me I certainly did not want to leave a tip!! I asked for my change and he came from behind the counter and physically pushed me out of the restaurant, all the time still shouting the most obscene things at me. I am still shaking from the experience and cannot believe that a man like this is allowed to run a business. Please, do not go there. There were other people staying there and they were horrified by him also. Enough said!

5  Thank ketchup