I stayed at Rivertime Resort for a few days and it was exactly what I was hoping for.
Sam and Autumn were super responsive both by email before I arrived and then throughout my stay. The bungalows are simple, so do not arrive expecting luxury accommodations. However, they are the perfect place to unwind. The food at the restaurant was great - everything that I had was freshly prepared and delicious. There is not much beyond a few small towns in the area, but the resort will arrange tours for you. I went on a village tour with Autumn, which was a great opportunity to learn a bit about life in a Laotian village. Thanks so much for a great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a riverside ecolodge resort only 30 km outside of Vientiane which offers a true taste of rural Lao life but with most of the comforts of home. We have a floating restaurant on the river and offer a range of activities such as local village tours, tubing, cooking classes, massage, a sauna nearby, boat trips, fishing, free bicycles etc. We do our best to live in harmony with both the local people and the surrounding forest. We also donate $2 per guest night to local education and community projects. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rivertime Resort And Ecolodge Hotel Vientiane
- Rivertime Hotel And Ecolodge
- Rivertime Hotel Vientiane