Shangri-La Hotel, Colombo
US$116
US$61
US$56
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsshang palacecapital bar and grillsapphire loungehorizon clublobby loungehigh teastar qualityspa ceylonchinese restaurantamazing hospitalitysri lankaspecial thanksbeautiful hotelcrablunch buffetduty managerfront office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was greeted well and nice,the hotel staffs were very friendly. I stayed here with my friend who was new to this country,and she was treated very well,also the grab and go hotel staff janani helped her figure out the tourist destination that she can visit safely. Also the shangri-la rooms were very clean and the view from the hotel was beautiful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Uchith A
Timothy W, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Uchith A

Thank you for staying with us and we are pleased that you enjoyed your experience. I am pleased to learn my colleague Janani assisted you and your friend. We appreciate the feedback

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a experience we had a high tea @ lobby . Food was Tasty. Value of money the. Service was great Pubudu,upul & the team very help full he as recommended sri lankan high tea food definitely we will be back & i will recommend this place to my all friends.thank you....

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Praveen A

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent visit to the Sapphyr Lounge, we appreciate the recommendation and recognition of our colleagues Pubudu & Upul

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a great time and enjoyed throughout the dinner in .... Food was good and which was made even better with the staffs who served us for the day.... Thanks to Prabath, Neomal and Devin.... Highly recommended....

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your recommendation and pleased you enjoyed your meal and service from the team in Table One

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I wanted to express me and my Italian friends appreciation for the superior service we received during my visit at the Capital Bar.in particular Manger ‘’Mr.Leslie we“ and his Team were very helpful and deserve a great deal of praise for their excellent customer service ..

The staff maintained a positive attitude and ensured I felt welcome during our stay..specially Mr.Leslie treated my Italian friends dignity and respect.it was amazed at the consistency in their performance to go next level..
We would like to thank again Mr.Leslie and his team for their assistance which shows professionalism in their work..

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Erosh D

Great to hear you and your friends enjoyed your experience at Capital Bar & Grill, thanks for your feedback

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I came here with my husband for dinner to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.

We were shown to our table which had a lovely view of the Galle Road and offered some delicious Chinese Tea.

The menu is extensive without being too much. One point to make is that they recommend ordering the duck in advance which works great, but only if you have a sample menu on your website.

We opted for the duck which comes in three courses, egg fried rice and pork belly. All very delicious and a nice touch to have it carved at the table.

The waiters were great, they wouldn’t let you lift a finger even making your pancakes for you. We had a doggy bag to take away as we were absolutely stuffed!

The drinks were delicious, especially my now new favourite cocktail, Road to Shangri-La.

Looking forward to visiting again when next in Colombo.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear RachelA159753

Happy Anniversary and thank you for celebrating with us at Shang Palace. We appreciate your comments and will have our menu loaded on our website very soon. Pleased you enjoyed your meal