“Short trip to Kandy - Nuwara Eliya and Colombo”

Moon Lanka Holidays
Ranked #86 of 218 Tours in Colombo
Type: Day Trips, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sri Lanka truly is a paradise for sightseers, wildlife enthusiasts and adventurers. We, Moon Lanka Holidays, organize tailor-made tours for individuals, couples, families and groups. We offer our clients the best and memorable remembrance during your stay here in our beautiful country, Sri Lanka.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Once I contacted Gayan and saw his picture on my WatsApp I sensed I can deal with him. He was absolutely great man with his valuable advises on phone and given good discount to attract me, confirm my trip and rent a car with him. Even though he had a another group to guide, he arranged for me another driver, Damikka. A handsome guy who is very kind, nice, polite and patient young boy with a good driving skills. Damikka is very smooth and careful driver, and expert in photographic.
I rented a car for 2 nights and 3 days. it was arranged, Damikka pick me up at Airport, he was very punctual and on-time at airport, without any delaying of the time, I could find him. Once I reached Colombo Airport, even though I didn't change my money, he gave me some amount to buy sim card and some other expenses till changing my money in a good place with good rates.
Damikka was excellent guy , just some lack of knowledge on some areas, which we could cover and find by a quick search on google. He is expert in photographic. since I was travelling alone, he used to take fantastic photos.
I met, Gayan during my trip in Nuwara Eliya for few hours. As I was excreted he was really great and positive man. He is an experienced tour guide.
I was not feeling as a passenger or guest at all, I sensed Damikka was a nice friend and accompanying me in my trip.
I will definitely recommend him to all my friends who wants to visit SriLanka especially those with a tight schedule. I would like to thanks Gayan and Damikka for making my short trip to SriLanka wonderful, with fantastic memories.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Where to start..... We had such a wonderful 2 weeks travelling around Sri Lanka with Gayan. He made the trip so easy and was such brilliant company. A fantastic, safe driver.
Gayan really did make our trip with our 2 young children (aged 3 and 6) wonderful. Nothing was ever too much trouble and our children absolutely loved him. He went way above and beyond at every opportunity, always with a smile on his face.
His knowledge of his wonderful country is phenomenal and seemed to know a gem of a place around every corner!
We cannot recommend Gayan highly enough. He really is a wonderful guide. We will definitely be booking him again if we ever have the opportunity to return to his beautiful country and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to family and friends.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

*****GAYAN WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!****** From the minute he collected our group from the airport he was warm, welcoming, VERY SMILEY, and had us all laughing. Throughout our trip Gayan drove us safely, comfortably and efficiently to all of the areas we wished to visit. But he also suggested and showed us places we hadn't planned into our trip, adding destinations between our journeys to break it up. A prime example being a place called Moon Plains (Mini World's End) which was the most beautiful view we have ever witnessed. He was also able to tell us lots of info about what we were visiting and Sri Lanka itself.
Very helpful when organising trips, such as Yala Safari and Whale watching at Marissa and arranging for us to eat local cuisine. Such a kind and attentive gentleman, he really became part of our group and really do recommend him to anybody! TOP MAN.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

When organising a driver for Sri Lanka we had the good fortune of contacting Gayan. Questions were answered promptly via email, and the price and all aspects of the service were agreed upon in advance. He offered an exceptionally reasonable quote and organized ‘Mr Shan’ as our driver.

We had the pleasure of having Shan as our driver for 8 days in Sri Lanka during April. My wife and I were celebrating our One Year Wedding Anniversary and we were extremely satisfied with Shan’s careful driving, local knowledge and kindhearted demeanor. His car was always exceptionally clean and air-conditioned, and although the general traffic in certain areas seemed chaotic (from a tourist’s perspective), Shan’s driving always made us feel at ease and absolutely relaxed. Our itinerary began in Negombo, and we journeyed to Dambulla (seeing the sights of the Cultural Triangle: Dambulla Cave Temple; Sigiriya – Lion Rock; Polonnaruwa Ancient City; and Shan organized an exceptional elephant Jeep Safari at Minneriya National Park (we observed two elephant herds comprised of over 100 elephants!) We continued on to Kandy, and then the majestically beautiful Tea Estate region of ‘Little England’ Nuwara Eliya, and then the enchanting mountain town of Ella -- eventually ending on the South Coast in Tangalle.

Our holiday happened to coincide with the Sinhalese New Year (April 14th) with celebrations occurring on days either side of this date, so it is also worth noting that Gayan organized a driver during quite a tricky period. A driving service was provided during a period where most Sri Lankans spend time with their families – we certainly appreciated his willingness to accomodate us, and to provided a driver during this culturally important time, even though the driver would be away from his family.

Gayan contacted us toward the end of our 8 days to ensure that we had been absolutely satisfied with his choice of Shan, and we assured him that all our expectations were met and that his recommendation of ‘Mr Shan’ had been well appreciated. Gayan is reputable, and our experience suggests that his connections with Sri Lankan drivers are professional and can be trusted.

We are both immensely grateful that we had the good fortune of having ‘Mr Shan’ as our driver on our journey through Sri Lanka’s endless wonders. Thank you Gayan and Shan for being an essential part of our fantastic memories.